Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223071 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #370 on: September 13, 2010, 12:19:34 AM »
So I do not have to go find it somewhere, which one are you?  I am guessing Alex?
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #371 on: September 13, 2010, 12:20:58 AM »
Correct! The one with the handsome voice and good talking points.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

arjay

« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2010, 12:31:33 AM »

Not the one who liked the Notebook.
Do you know who I am?

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2010, 12:52:53 AM »

Not the one who liked the Notebook.

That is why I thought he was Alex, just 6 minutes in at the moment.  Had to pause it for a short while.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2010, 01:05:11 AM »
I am in fact the only one who hasn't even seen The Notebook.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #375 on: September 13, 2010, 09:33:12 AM »
I am in fact the only one who hasn't even seen The Notebook.

How can you even be on these boards?

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #376 on: September 13, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »
I've been visiting Sound on Sight occasionally for the past few months, but never did I download an episode of their podcast until last week. It's pretty good.

I listened for a while because they're from Montreal. I had to stop because the hosts are not knowledgeable enough and it bothers me. Its also badly structured.

I think the one host who seems to coordinate the discussions (Simon, I think?) is the more interesting of the people on the show. I would agree that sometimes the discussions are inarticulate and don't get anywhere.

I went into the back catalogue and listened to the Inception episode. The guy who didn't like it repeated 50 times that it was an annoying movie and the girl who liked it repeated 50 times that the reason she liked it was because it 'was awesome.' It was a terrible episode.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2010, 01:52:55 PM »
I've been visiting Sound on Sight occasionally for the past few months, but never did I download an episode of their podcast until last week. It's pretty good.
Cool, I'll check it out.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #378 on: September 13, 2010, 06:13:08 PM »
Listened to their review of Sunrise, and it's great stuff. Anyone who listens to their podcast from time to time really should listen to this one, I enjoyed it a lot.  :)

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite podcasts - but I don't listen to their reviews of films I haven't seen yet (unless I don't have any intention of seeing them)  so I'm going to wait on this one....

Great to hear, I obviously love their podcast :)

I have listened to a few of their podcasts (Braveheart, The Big Lebowski, Harold and Maude), and it's just okay for me so far.  I feel like there really isn't a lot of insight, just kind of a "greatest hits" recap of the film (which is somewhat enjoyable, but not unique).  I think that the Harold and Maude/Sunrise show is the best that I have listened to so far, and will make me listen to a few more.  The guys have a good rapport, but it just gets a bit repetitive, everything is "awesome" or "rad", and they were talking about Clint Eastwood and for some reason it really rubbed me the wrong way that Sherlock called him a f*cker and a dude.  They were praising him the whole time, but it just seemed a bit crass to me.  But like I said, I liked the Harold and Maude show, so I am going to check out a few more.

"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

arjay

« Reply #379 on: September 13, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »
Does anyone else here agree that Cinecast is awful?  I know it is used as a swear word around here, but is that because of the name conflict with early Filmspotting, or because they're terrible.
Do you know who I am?

love