Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 222827 times)

dallegre

Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #420 on: October 28, 2010, 03:48:12 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #421 on: October 29, 2010, 12:19:12 AM »

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #422 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:48 AM »
Judge John Hodgman!

Now in podcast form!

Valentine McKee

• Nobody does it better
    • My music vid
« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2010, 08:32:51 PM »
As It Occurs To Me is by UK comedian Richard Herring.

He set himself the challenge of writing a 45 minute show purely around the things that occurred (happened) or occurred (he thought of) in the previous week.

If you do chose to take this one up (i'm guessing only those who have heard of herring will) then please start from the beginning. The show gets put out unedited, and isn't for those who prefer milder comedy, not that the show aims to be crude, just the improvisations during the recordings take it that way.

Anyway, I can see lots of people not liking this, but it's my absolute fave so I thought I'd share.

To give you an idea of my tastes, along with FS I love the Tobolowsky Files, Kermode and Mayo and Film Sack.
The cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »
As It Occurs To Me is by UK comedian Richard Herring.

He set himself the challenge of writing a 45 minute show purely around the things that occurred (happened) or occurred (he thought of) in the previous week.

If you do chose to take this one up (i'm guessing only those who have heard of herring will) then please start from the beginning. The show gets put out unedited, and isn't for those who prefer milder comedy, not that the show aims to be crude, just the improvisations during the recordings take it that way.

Anyway, I can see lots of people not liking this, but it's my absolute fave so I thought I'd share.

To give you an idea of my tastes, along with FS I love the Tobolowsky Files, Kermode and Mayo and Film Sack.

Sounds quite interesting, will add it to my list. thanks
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #425 on: November 29, 2010, 10:32:49 PM »
dallegre thanks for introducing me to the Tobolowsky Files - that is brilliant. Have been listening almost every day for the last month now.

Now I just wish Dylan Moran would do a regular podcast........
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #426 on: November 29, 2010, 10:43:13 PM »
It is the best.

To Darkcrystal, I quite enjoy The Moth... I have not listened to the other recommendation yet but The Moth has been pretty good.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2010, 11:29:08 PM »
I've really been enjoying Left Hand Cinema.  I don't remember who recommended it to me, but whoever it was, thanks.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #428 on: November 29, 2010, 11:38:10 PM »
I've really been enjoying Left Hand Cinema.  I don't remember who recommended it to me, but whoever it was, thanks.

I heard about it from 1SO since he recommended the Stalker episode to me in preparation of watching that (still haven't gotten to it yet)...but I have listened to a few relating to things I've seen. I don't tend to listen to them if it isn't something I have seen or plan on seeing though as he strikes me as a bit too pretentious for my tastes.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #429 on: November 30, 2010, 03:56:54 AM »

I heard about it from 1SO since he recommended the Stalker episode to me in preparation of watching that (still haven't gotten to it yet)...but I have listened to a few relating to things I've seen. I don't tend to listen to them if it isn't something I have seen or plan on seeing though as he strikes me as a bit too pretentious for my tastes.

Is that Left Hand Cinema or Left Field Cinema? If the latter, he is not so much pretentious as academic, well to me anyway.