love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223055 times)

Jared

• Elite Member
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »
Grew tired of Kevin Smith, but saw that he has a new podcast under his network which is just a conversation between him and another filmmaker. 93 minutes with Richard Kelly and like 150 minutes with Edgar Wright. SMovieMakers. Anyone given it a listen yet?

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2010, 01:15:40 PM »
I listened to both instalments. Both fantastic.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

arjay

« Reply #452 on: December 16, 2010, 01:40:03 AM »
I've really been enjoying Left Hand Cinema.  I don't remember who recommended it to me, but whoever it was, thanks.

I heard about it from 1SO since he recommended the Stalker episode to me in preparation of watching that (still haven't gotten to it yet)...but I have listened to a few relating to things I've seen. I don't tend to listen to them if it isn't something I have seen or plan on seeing though as he strikes me as a bit too pretentious for my tastes.

Is that Left Hand Cinema or Left Field Cinema? If the latter, he is not so much pretentious as academic, well to me anyway.

Left Field.  I have a cold.  My brain isn't working.  Sorry.

Thanks for the tip.  I've been really enjoying this.
Do you know who I am?

Valentine McKee

• Nobody does it better
    • My music vid
« Reply #453 on: December 19, 2010, 04:19:39 PM »
Grew tired of Kevin Smith, but saw that he has a new podcast under his network which is just a conversation between him and another filmmaker. 93 minutes with Richard Kelly and like 150 minutes with Edgar Wright. SMovieMakers. Anyone given it a listen yet?

Another reason why this thread is awesome!
The cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river.

arjay

« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »

Another reason why this thread is awesome!

Agreed.  Another excellent tip.  The Edgar Wright one in particular was brilliant.  I hope KS branches out beyond directors he personally knows.  I also hope he manages to persuade Quentin Tarantino to do one.
Do you know who I am?

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #455 on: December 20, 2010, 06:21:28 PM »
Enjoyed both of them. Love listening to Wright in interviews...not a huge fan of Kelly or his movies but the interview was good.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #456 on: December 30, 2010, 11:58:54 AM »
Hey Bill, what is the name the film related podcast you enjoy a lot? They hosts say 'shit' and 'phuck' a lot. I'm low on new episodes of podcasts to enjoy (this despite that I subscribe to 10 or so), so I should give those guys another shot.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #457 on: December 30, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »
I wonder if Smith was inspired by Kevin Pollack after being on his show?

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #458 on: December 30, 2010, 12:26:03 PM »
Hey Bill, what is the name the film related podcast you enjoy a lot? They hosts say 'shit' and 'phuck' a lot. I'm low on new episodes of podcasts to enjoy (this despite that I subscribe to 10 or so), so I should give those guys another shot.
A Damn Movie Podcast?

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #459 on: December 30, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »
A Damn Movie Podcast?

Yes, that's the one. Thank you.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/