love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 222812 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #460 on: December 30, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
Hey Bill, what is the name the film related podcast you enjoy a lot? They hosts say 'shit' and 'phuck' a lot. I'm low on new episodes of podcasts to enjoy (this despite that I subscribe to 10 or so), so I should give those guys another shot.
A Damn Movie Podcast?

Yes, that's the one. Thank you.

Hey, what happened here...  :D

DarkCrystal

« Reply #461 on: December 30, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
I hope KS branches out beyond directors he personally knows.  I also hope he manages to persuade Quentin Tarantino to do one.

...wow, can you imagine how amazing a 45-50 minute podcast would be with Quentin as a guest?  The man is such an encyclopedia of film, I can't get enough of Tarantino dorking out on his favorite subject.  I always love hearing him speak, and he always gives some fascinating insights to his own film making process, and other director's that have influenced his work. 

On the Kevin Pollack Chat Show, one of the two episodes where Pollack has Freaks & Geeks' Sam Levine on as a guest, Levine tells an awesome story about Inglorious Basterds, and how Quentin pulled a great director's gimmick out of his hat to conjure an intense performance by Levine in one scene.  Levine also talks about Tarantino giving an opening speech to all the actors, which sounds inspiring as hell from the details described.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #462 on: December 30, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »
The Smartest Man in the World is a great new podcast. Proops really is quite cultured.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #463 on: December 30, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »
The Smartest Man in the World is a great new podcast. Proops really is quite cultured.

Greg Proops has a podcast now?  Damn, I'm subscribing to waaaaayyyy too many podcasts.

DarkCrystal

« Reply #464 on: December 31, 2010, 01:07:59 AM »
Greg Proops has a podcast now?  Damn, I'm subscribing to waaaaayyyy too many podcasts.

An informal poll...I'm curious if people:

a. Have a small number (1-4) of podcasts that you subscribe to, and listen to religiously, not missing an episode.  

b. Have a medium-large number (5-10) of podcasts subscribed to, and listen to religiously, not missing an episode.

c. Have a medium-large number (5-10) of podcasts subscribed to, but only listen fanatically to 1-3 of them, and pick and choose with the remaining.  

d. Have a medium-large number (5-10) of podcasts subscribed to, never listen to any regularly, but hunt and pick through all the choices based on which episodes sound interesting.  

e.  Have a huge amount of podcasts (10+) subscribed to, listen regularly to some, hunt & peck through the rest.

f.  Have a huge amount of podcasts (10+), and catch every single episode of all of them (and if that's the case, power to you, and I'm not sure if you are either madly insane, or whether you are geniuses at time management).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:09:45 AM by DarkCrystal »

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #465 on: December 31, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »
E

14 Podcasts

5 Religiously

3 - Kevin & Bean, Creative Screenwriting, On The Page - I keep a backlog and listen to when I have time

2 Which release episodes monthly

3 Hunt & Peck

1 that I'm a podcaster on

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #466 on: December 31, 2010, 01:22:02 AM »
There was this great podcast once that this one Canadian did with this other dude and there were totally like these two episodes they recorded that haven't been released yet and totally should be.

Now I won't be naming any names, but if you want those, I suggest you start bugging a certain chill, tiny, mammal while he's still on school break.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #467 on: December 31, 2010, 02:11:53 AM »
C. Most of my listening is going and coming home which is total about 2.5 hours of my day.  I subscribe to about 10 podcasts, pretty much I will listen to all of the following:

Tobolowsky Fies
Filmspotting
slashfilmcast
WTF

various other things I will listen to depending:

The Korea Society
Planet Japan
The Moth
Adam Carolla
Film Junk
Movies you you See
Left Field Cinema
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #468 on: December 31, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »
Heh, as a stats person my first thought is that you'd get a lot more power if you ordered the answers to make them ordinal rather than nominal :D

I'd say I'm a bit between B and C.

I've got /Film, Filmspotting, Kermode, Savage Lovecast, infomanida and The Whiteboard Podcast that I'll pretty much always listen to. This American Life, Real Time with Bill Maher, All Songs Considered and Left Field Cinema are sometimes listens (in order from most regular to least). I'm still subscribed to radiotiki but I'm not sure they're gonna have another podcast, it has been very occasional the past couple years. I recently unsubscribed from the Movie Dictator Club podcast...they break your heart. :P

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #469 on: December 31, 2010, 07:31:21 AM »
I have 18 weekly podcasts and find time to listen to all episodes. Either while I travel or while I'm at work.

Some don't release every week though and others are really short.

Film:
Battleship Pretension
Filmspotting
IFC News
/Filmcast
Creative Screenwritting
Doug Loves Movies

Kevin Smith:
SModcast
SMovie Makers
J&SB get Old

Comedy: