love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 222824 times)

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #730 on: June 16, 2011, 11:27:24 AM »
Um, you guys. I was at the Doug Loves Movies taping on Tues., sitting several feet away from handsome men Jon Hamm and Adam Scott, along with the Sports Guy Bill Simmons.

WOW!! Did you bring a nametag?
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #731 on: June 16, 2011, 11:27:36 AM »
That is almost as cool as the Cos. I actually would really like to meet Adam Scott, he seems like a cool guy. Did you notice if he was tall? He seems kind of tall. I need to get on watching Party Down.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #732 on: June 16, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »
Um, you guys. I was at the Doug Loves Movies taping on Tues., sitting several feet away from handsome men Jon Hamm and Adam Scott, along with the Sports Guy Bill Simmons.

I didn't, because I wasn't expecting to be sitting very close. A member of my group was actually picked by Bill Simmons because he shouted "Kobe and Kareem suck" (you'll hear Doug tell him to be quiet several times throughout). It was a fun show. The UCB is a lot smaller than I was expecting.

Tiny was there too!

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #733 on: June 16, 2011, 11:55:08 AM »

I didn't, because I wasn't expecting to be sitting very close. A member of my group was actually picked by Bill Simmons because he shouted "Kobe and Kareem suck" (you'll hear Doug tell him to be quiet several times throughout). It was a fun show. The UCB is a lot smaller than I was expecting.

Tiny was there too!

I heard! Did SHE bring a nametag?
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #734 on: June 16, 2011, 12:16:54 PM »
First Pauly Shore and now this!
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #735 on: June 16, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
First Pauly Shore and now this!

FLY already knows, but my other celeb sighting was iCarly star Miranda Cosgrove walking down Sunset.

I got to talk to a bunch of awesome people at MaxFunCon, including breakfast with Bamford and Jackie Kashian, and brief chats with Matt Walsh, Lee Unkrich, Greg Behrendt, Josie Long, and Graham and Dave from Stop Podcasting Yourself (who are the sweetest and funniest dudes).

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #736 on: June 16, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
Nice!

Yeah, FLY keeps mentioning you and the Cos. I was kinda hoping that meant Dr. Huxtable.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #737 on: June 16, 2011, 01:42:13 PM »
I forgot my best celebrity sighting: Oliver dancing with Jimmy while the Basic Cable Band played before the Conan taping. Every bit as adorable as Jimmy claims.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #738 on: June 16, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
An adorable little gentlemen, I'm sure.

fultonreed44

« Reply #739 on: June 16, 2011, 07:47:10 PM »
Serious film fans should check out The Macguffin Men.  It's good because it's not just thumbs up/down reviews.  They do a lot more analysis of the films, why they're popular, why they're made a certain way.  They also just do analysis of Hollywood and pop culture in general.  Definitely worth a listen

http://themacguffinmen.wordpress.com/

love