Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 222831 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #740 on: June 17, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »
StarTalk Radio is great. Neil DeGrasse Tyson and a comic cohost talk about topics like the physics of superheroes and climate change and time travel in film and pseudoscience and space tourism. Tyson is the best person. A science populist in the vein of Carl Sagan.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #741 on: June 17, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
Has anyone noticed how much podcasters complain about being criticized on the internet?  It's an interesting phenomenon.  The Nerdist is the worst about it, going beyond the usual "we do this for free" and "if you don't like it, don't listen" to "you have no life". 

It's really weird how the Nerdist seems more and more to be about protecting Matt Mira's fragile self-esteem and convincing him to do stand-up even though he's painfully unfunny.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #742 on: June 17, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »
StarTalk Radio is great. Neil DeGrasse Tyson and a comic cohost talk about topics like the physics of superheroes and climate change and time travel in film and pseudoscience and space tourism. Tyson is the best person. A science populist in the vein of Carl Sagan.

This sounds amazing. Imma get this when I go home.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #743 on: June 18, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »
Has anyone noticed how much podcasters complain about being criticized on the internet?  It's an interesting phenomenon.  The Nerdist is the worst about it, going beyond the usual "we do this for free" and "if you don't like it, don't listen" to "you have no life". 

It's really weird how the Nerdist seems more and more to be about protecting Matt Mira's fragile self-esteem and convincing him to do stand-up even though he's painfully unfunny.

Yeah, the Comedy Film Nerds guys went on a long winded rant about some Itunes reviews criticizing them.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #744 on: June 18, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »
Has anyone noticed how much podcasters complain about being criticized on the internet? 
Pardo has made an art of it.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #745 on: June 18, 2011, 04:10:45 PM »
discarded tunnel things

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #746 on: June 18, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »

Yeah, the Comedy Film Nerds guys went on a long winded rant about some Itunes reviews criticizing them.

Heh, wonder if my iTunes review was one of the ones that ticked them off. What's really bad is that they will ask people to not rate them if they don't like them, because apparently even if someone thinks their podcast is only worth a 1 it's very petty to actually hive them a one.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #747 on: June 19, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »
I forgot my best celebrity sighting: Oliver dancing with Jimmy while the Basic Cable Band played before the Conan taping. Every bit as adorable as Jimmy claims.

Eep! NO WAY. Ahhhh jealousy.

Guy thought maybe we'd see him at one of the ArcLight matinees that we went to, but we didn't. He saw Nick Kroll while I was in the bathroom, though.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #748 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:57 AM »
Um, you guys. I was at the Doug Loves Movies taping on Tues., sitting several feet away from handsome men Jon Hamm and Adam Scott, along with the Sports Guy Bill Simmons.

Listening to this right now... sounds like it was a fun time.

EricWHMPodcast

• We Hate Movies!
« Reply #749 on: June 21, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
Hey guys, pretty sweet conversation on Doug Loves Movies going on. Hope this isn't butting in, but I think you all might like this podcast I'm on. As far as entertainment credentials go (which seems to be what sells podcasts) I used to work on Late Night with Conan O'Brien til most recently producing for Lifetime Television (two comedy dynasties.)

So here we go: WE HATE MOVIES! Episode 16: FUZZ (1972)!

In this week's episode, the Gang heads back to the 70's to go undercover with Burt Reynolds and Raquel Welch in 1972's Boston-set, snoozefest, Fuzz! Does Burt Reynolds make a convincing nun? Is this a comedy? And couldn't they have named Yul Brynner's character something a bit more...fitting?

Fuzz stars Burt Reynolds, Raquel Welch, Tom Skerritt, Jack Weston & Yul Brynner; directed by Richard A. Colla.

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2011/06/episode-16-fuzz.html

Give our little show a listen! It's comedy meets movies!

love