love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 222911 times)

Lobby

• Elite Member
    • The Velvet Café
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #840 on: August 15, 2011, 04:16:19 PM »
I've just discovered The Mental Illness Happy Hour. It brings tears into my eyes constantly, but it also makes me laugh more tha you might expect considering the serious topics. Humor and depression couples up nicely you know.

It's good. Really, really good. Listening to it is therapeutical. Highly recommended.
http://thevelvetcafe.wordpress.com/  - where I think aloud about movies

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #841 on: August 15, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »
roujin/worm on the road #8 (i saw the devil edition)

It only took a week!

roujin...go watch The Good, The Bad, the Weird.. it is a hell of a ride and I do not think you need to have watched any Leone's films to enjoy it.  I never watched any Leone before but loved The Good, the bad, the Weird.  Go watch.. now.. really...

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #842 on: August 15, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
just finished all 200+ WTFs, including bonuses. hell yes.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #843 on: August 15, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »

It only took a week!

roujin...go watch The Good, The Bad, the Weird.. it is a hell of a ride and I do not think you need to have watched any Leone's films to enjoy it.  I never watched any Leone before but loved The Good, the bad, the Weird.  Go watch.. now.. really...

I think I started it once. Seemed pretty fun. I love me some Song Kang-Ho. I'll probably still watch the Leone films first, though. That's just the kind of person I am.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #844 on: August 15, 2011, 08:44:28 PM »

It only took a week!

I think I started it once. Seemed pretty fun. I love me some Song Kang-Ho. I'll probably still watch the Leone films first, though. That's just the kind of person I am.

Sure, I never had much of an interest in the Leone films, but think I will get around to watching them sometime now.  Enjoyed the Korean episode, I started with that one since I at least had seen I Saw the Devil.  Will work backwards, but am waiting to watch Norwegian Wood first.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #845 on: August 15, 2011, 08:58:07 PM »
Sure, I never had much of an interest in the Leone films, but think I will get around to watching them sometime now.  Enjoyed the Korean episode, I started with that one since I at least had seen I Saw the Devil.  Will work backwards, but am waiting to watch Norwegian Wood first.

Not sure about roujin but I'll definitely watch and talk about The Good, the Bad and the Weird and talk about it on a later episode if you'll watch some Leone in return. I can't imagine you not enjoying them.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #846 on: August 15, 2011, 09:18:14 PM »

Not sure about roujin but I'll definitely watch and talk about The Good, the Bad and the Weird and talk about it on a later episode if you'll watch some Leone in return. I can't imagine you not enjoying them.

That I will do, I do have Once Upon a Time in the West at home now for over a year and not gotten around to watching it.  So will take care of that in the next week.

ZBetonte

• Film Jive
« Reply #847 on: August 15, 2011, 09:59:03 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I co-host a podcast titled, "Film Jive"

Here's a link to the blog: http://filmjive.wordpress.com/

You can find all the episodes available there to stream off of Podomatic.

Here's the link to the Podomatic page: http://filmjive.podomatic.com/

And of course we are also on ITunes: itpc://filmjive.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

We would really love some feedback from you guys. You can send us an email at filmjive@gmail.com. We would also love an Itunes review if you think we are worthy of one.

The show is a bit on the sillier side, but we have fun and hopefully you guys will enjoy it, if you decide to check it out.

We can also be found on Facebook, where you can get all the latest updates: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Film-Jive/135106513228552

Thanks and Please Let Us Know what you think!

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #848 on: August 16, 2011, 08:05:47 AM »
I am done with Sound on Sight and their stupid opinions. Listening to them reviewing Up, Al said "if you make me cry in the first 15minutes of your movie, I don't like you." If this is why you're negative on a film, you are no longer worth my time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:41:11 PM by 1SO »

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #849 on: August 16, 2011, 11:07:07 AM »
I am done with Sound on Sight and their stupid opinions. Listening to them reviewing Up, Al said "if you make me cry in the first 15minutes of your movie, I don't like you." This is why you're negative on a film you are no longer worth my time.

You know Al Kratina is no longer on the show.