love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 222803 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #910 on: September 20, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »
It's reached the point where of all the film podcasts there were in my iTunes feed I only have one left that I can review according to my criteria (sorry Cinema on the Road, not enough episodes yet). That one that is left is taking forever to put out a new episode, so anyone who feels inclined hit me up with some suggestions of film related podcasts to start listening to so I can review them, and hopefully keep listening to them when they are great. :)

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #911 on: September 20, 2011, 11:47:32 PM »
Poking my head in to plug my new TV podcast. I just put up our third episode. My co-host, Simon Howell from the Sound on Sight Radio podcast, and I go through the past week's TV reviewing the shows we watched, then spotlight a particular episode (this week, it's Breaking Bad's "Salud"), then invite on a guest to discuss a favorite TV show no longer on the air. This week, it's Paul Goebel and we're talking NewsRadio. If you like TV, check it out. It'd be great to get some constructive feedback!

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #912 on: September 21, 2011, 03:58:34 AM »
I'd totally listen to your show, Katebo, and love it, but I'm not much a TV watcher, and though I think I'd recognise the shows you guys are talking about I wouldn't have seen anything you guys talk about. (Not a snob thing or anything, I just don't really have the time. I barely watch movies anymore.) Should I listen to your podcast?
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #913 on: September 21, 2011, 08:19:15 AM »
Well, I listen to movie podcasts about films I haven't seen, but that's me. It's a lot of time though if you don't care about the topic. I'd guess you'd probably like the DVD Shelf segment (last part about the now-cancelled show), but if you don't feel like fast fowarding through to the last part of the 'cast, skip it. (Last week we did Buffy with David Bax from Battleship Pretension, this week it's NewsRadio.) Thanks for the kind words, though!

(edited for grammar. Ouch.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:06:04 AM by Katebo »

EricWHMPodcast

• We Hate Movies!
« Reply #914 on: September 21, 2011, 09:00:57 AM »
In time for the "Star Wars" blu-ray we revisit, go over, and rag on 1984's "The Ewok Adventure."

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2011/09/episode-24-ewok-adventure.html

Let me know if you check it out! Thanks all,

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #915 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:22 AM »
Sounds cool, Katebo, I'll check it out.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #916 on: September 21, 2011, 10:21:05 AM »
Is the Huell Howser thing a Dana Gould bit? He started doing that on Adam Carollas radio show 5 years ago or so and does it everytime he is on the Carolla podcast now. Its hilarious.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #917 on: September 21, 2011, 10:39:38 AM »
Is the Huell Howser thing a Dana Gould bit? He started doing that on Adam Carollas radio show 5 years ago or so and does it everytime he is on the Carolla podcast now. Its hilarious.

Gould's impression was the first time I'd heard of Huell, but it seems like if you live in (Southern?) California, he's a bit of a local celebrity. James Adomian does him on Comedy Bang Bang.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #918 on: September 23, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »
am i crazy or did a recent Filmspotting episode hosted by the old IFC news podcast team hint at some big news for their fans? has their been any?

I had assumed they were going to start podcasting again...

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #919 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »
Anyone seen this RedLetterMedia review of Transformer's 3? 
http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-transformers-3/#.Tn6d_Jf6Z48.email

The guys watched the film in shifts - one watched the first 1:15 the other guy watched the rest.  The resulting conversation is really pretty interesting and often funny.   (The end is um a bit silly) 

(these the Pinkett Phantom Review guys)
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)