love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223022 times)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #960 on: November 16, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »
Cake Boss is definitely not my favourite PFT character, but I don't dislike him as much as you guys do.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #961 on: November 16, 2011, 01:11:09 PM »
cake boss!

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #962 on: November 16, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »
roujin/worm on the road #10

Or: the India episode.

DarkCrystal

« Reply #963 on: November 16, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »
cake boss!

Watch out, Martin just got bit by a Cake Scarab!  He might start foretelling our futures or talking with dead-wookies.   

AAAutin - I've gone the opposite with Chupa.  Started out really disliking him, but the more I hear him, the more like home he feels, he's grown on me bigtime.  Another one that's grown on me is Kroll's Bobby Brusha/Bottleservice.  I had heard him twice before, but I checked out the back double episode with Tig Nataro (ep 50 or so) and Kroll was on fire with Brusha.  Probably my least favorite character in the entire canon of the show, by far, is Lil' Gary.  I truly cannot listen to him (I think it's Tom Lennon?) for longer than :30 seconds without wanting to rip my hair out.  Just don't find it funny or amusing in the slightest.

Comedy Bang Bang may well have turned into my favorite podcast.  Aukerman is a brilliant host for the vibe they go for.  I'd say Filmspotting, WTF, Comedy Bang-Bang, and Radiolab are my Mt. Rushmore right now.  Tobolowski Files and BS Report after that probably. 

Nerdist I've been getting into lately, but I only like it when they have popular guests on, the informal interviews are great.  The Bryan Cranston episode was phenomenal, and I also really enjoyed Patrick Stewart, Ben Folds, Neil Gaimon and Zooey Deschanel.  Attell is on this week, I'm pumped for that one!

WTF - Anyone think he'll ever land Dave Chappelle?  It would be legendary.  Chappelle on Inside Actor's Studio as a guest was one of the most funny, genuine, wise, and moving episodes I've seen ...and then later hosting the episode and interviewing James Lipton on a later episode was great as well.  Chappelle + Maron would = hall of fame episode of WTF.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:35:23 PM by DarkCrystal »

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #964 on: November 16, 2011, 03:14:22 PM »

Aw man, now I'm two episodes behind.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #965 on: November 16, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »

Well, they come out so fast how can you keep up???
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #966 on: November 16, 2011, 06:10:43 PM »
Bobby Brusha/Bottleservice.

Good character. When I first heard him, I thought it was Howard Kremer.

Probably my least favorite character in the entire canon of the show, by far, is Lil' Gary.

Oh, man. He's my favorite! I used to walk around exclaiming "Mott Skaukerman!" for no reason at all.

Chappelle + Maron would = hall of fame episode of WTF.

I have a feeling Maron's been working at this; but it doesn't seem like Chappelle is an easy get. I hope it happens.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #967 on: November 16, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »

:) We're trying to pick up our speed, but we're also lazy. We're thinking two more episodes before the year finishes.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #968 on: November 16, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »

:) We're trying to pick up our speed, but we're also lazy. We're thinking two more episodes before the year finishes.

Any preview to countries or possible films?  I only listened to a few episodes as I am trying to find the films to watch before hand.  Without even checking the latest, I know I won't have seen any Indian films though but I would think they shouldn't be too hard for me to locate.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #969 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39:19 PM »

Any preview to countries or possible films?  I only listened to a few episodes as I am trying to find the films to watch before hand.  Without even checking the latest, I know I won't have seen any Indian films though but I would think they shouldn't be too hard for me to locate.

So glad you're listening :).
Next country is Colombia (roujin's birthplace I believe!). We're watching The Wind Journeys and Rodrigo D: No Futuro.
The episode after that will most likely be a year-end wrap up where we talk about our favorite films from the year.