Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223149 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #970 on: November 18, 2011, 12:57:34 PM »
I know a lot of you see me as that punk kid who's a highbrow wannabe, but if you want to hear me talk about some of the true deck of cinema (And also swear some), I was on a B-movie podcast called The Lair of the Unwanted.

It was fun.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #971 on: November 18, 2011, 08:02:45 PM »
I know a lot of you see me as that punk kid who's a highbrow wannabe, but if you want to hear me talk about some of the true deck of cinema (And also swear some), I was on a B-movie podcast called The Lair of the Unwanted.

It was fun.
Cool.  :)  Looking forward to listening.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #972 on: November 19, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »
I've stuck with CBB since you guys recommended it. My absolute favourite thing I've heard in 30-40 episodes of listening to the show is Tig Notaro doing here married for 10 years "yea!" thing. Nothing is simpler or funnier.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #973 on: November 19, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
Good one!
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #974 on: November 19, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
I've stuck with CBB since you guys recommended it. My absolute favourite thing I've heard in 30-40 episodes of listening to the show is Tig Notaro doing here married for 10 years "yea!" thing. Nothing is simpler or funnier.

Have you listened to Tig's podcast, Professor Blastoff?  I love it.

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #975 on: November 19, 2011, 07:03:33 PM »
Good one!

I don't see why you would waste your time tutoring when your true career path is so obviously laid out before you: Good One Robot. 

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #976 on: November 19, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »

I have not! But now I will seek it out. :)

DarkCrystal

« Reply #977 on: November 20, 2011, 12:08:07 AM »

I have not! But now I will seek it out. :)

Another great Comedy Bang-Bang/Tig Notaro sequence: Tig trying to tell Taylor Dayne she really enjoys her voice...and ensuing encounters. 

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #978 on: November 21, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »
I listened to a number of Slate Spoiler Specials this weekend.  I like the idea, but they spend more than half of each podcast just describing the plot.  Ummm... maybe I'm wrong here, but wouldn't people who are attracted to a spoiler review be the ones who already saw the movie, thus, the ones who least need a blow by blow synopsis of the film?  Way too much time on plot, way too little time on analysis.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #979 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:57 AM »
I listened to a number of Slate Spoiler Specials this weekend.  I like the idea, but they spend more than half of each podcast just describing the plot.  Ummm... maybe I'm wrong here, but wouldn't people who are attracted to a spoiler review be the ones who already saw the movie, thus, the ones who least need a blow by blow synopsis of the film?  Way too much time on plot, way too little time on analysis.

This is what I think Filmspotting does quite well, I think I can listen to the Podcast without it giving away too many details on something I might want to watch.  If I really really want to watch something, I won't listen.   But if I do not know very much about the film, it is good to listen and it won't be spoiled. 

Though I do like /filmcast since they amuse me at times and have a "what have you been watching" section that gives me some ideas.  I find the idea where they say "spoilers for ..." and ask you to turn off for 30 seconds silly as it is impossible to skip it and continue easily.  If it is old, spoil it, if it is not, find a way to discuss it that may interest somebody without spoiling it.

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman