love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223033 times)

george96

Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #980 on: November 22, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »
Culturetopia!

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #981 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
The latest episode of my TV podcast, The Televerse, is up. This week we spotlit Homeland's latest episode and had Dan Heaton, dheaton on here of course, come on to talk Veronica Mars with us at the DVD Shelf.

The latest episode of the SoundonSight.org Walking Dead podcast is also up, wherein Ricky, Simon, and I argue about the latest episode, "Secrets". Two of us liked it and one didn't, but the biggest argument is between the two fans of this week's installment. Check it out!

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #982 on: November 23, 2011, 12:17:35 AM »
I listened to the Televerse episode!
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #983 on: November 23, 2011, 06:48:57 AM »
Cool. Any thoughts? Also, we want to get you on at some point, FroHam- drop me a line if you're interested.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #984 on: November 23, 2011, 07:01:54 AM »
and had Dan Heaton, dheaton on here of course, come on to talk Veronica Mars with us at the DVD Shelf.

Oooooh, Veronica Mars.  Will listen.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #985 on: November 23, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »
and had Dan Heaton, dheaton on here of course, come on to talk Veronica Mars with us at the DVD Shelf.

Oooooh, Veronica Mars.  Will listen.

Likewise.

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #986 on: November 29, 2011, 02:34:13 PM »
On this week's Televerse, Simon and I look at the week in TV, however meager, then I catch up with Louie season 2, and Corey Atad (that's FroHam to us) comes on to talk Freaks and Geeks at the DVD Shelf.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #987 on: November 30, 2011, 01:05:46 PM »
Boxcutters do a really good episode on the Muppets TV show this week.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #988 on: November 30, 2011, 02:07:26 PM »
I feel like (because I'm bored) it's time for a periodic update of my subscribed podcasts:

Walking the Room and Comedy Bang Bang - My two favorites, I've gushed enough about these.  A+

Who Charted? - One of those rare shows where it doesn't really matter who the guest is because the chemistry between Howard and Kulap is so delightful (although a good guest is icing on the cake).  A

Earwolf Presents - Basically just the three episodes of "Analyze Phish" and one episode of "Gelmania" so far.  As a guy who used to love Phish and now can hardly stand them, I find the AP episodes quite interesting, although it can't go on much longer.  Gelmania was a mixed bag, but I'm looking forward to more.  B

Professor Blastoff - Lots of fun, great interplay between Tig, Kyle and David.  Occasionally a boring guest will bring it down a notch, but it's rare.  B+

Never Not Funny - I don't actually subscribe to this yet.  Still working through all the old episodes, just started season 7.  A-

Doug Loves Movies - Highly dependent on the guests, and how stoned/drunk Doug is.  Build-A-Title is probably a fun game to play, but terrible to listen to.  Either you don't know many titles and it's boring or you do know a bunch and get frustrated when they miss a good play.  And still boring.  However, the Maltin game still rules.  B

WTF - Losing interest, to be honest.  Maron's running out of good interviewees, and I probably skip one out of every three episodes nowadays.  Every once in a while an interview will really tap into something special, but lately they've been kind of blah.  B-

Affirmation Nation - The joke is wearing thin, but it's in such small chunks it's hard to complain.  Every now and then Seth Morris will come up with a new twist on it.  C+

TOFOP - The Australian "sister show" to WTR, a little too culturally specific at times but most of the time it's really funny.  B+

The Little Dum Dum Club - I think of this as TOFOP's baby brother (two Aussie comics shooting the breeze with occasional guests).  I find myself tuning it out sometimes but usually it's pretty good conversation.  B-

Rock Solid - This is a tough one.  Pat Francis has lousy taste in music (even the new stuff he likes is from bands who haven't been relevant for 25 years) but Gary Lucy usually balances him out.  It's interesting to hear their picks for the various lists and I've even been turned on to a couple new things, but the show is at its best when it's more loose chatter.  B

The Todd Glass Show - I can see myself eventually getting tired of this (or tired of hearing the same guests over and over again) but for now Todd's goofy brand of humor is delightful.  B+

The Pod F. Tompkast - PFT is my favorite comedian, which makes me sad that I don't like his podcast more.  The in-between-segment ramblings are usually the highlights for me.  His impressions work best when bouncing off other people... in the context of "The Great Undiscovered Project" they're rather dull.  The sketch portions from his shows and the calls with Jen Kirkman are very hit-or-miss, but usually more hit than miss.  B

Out of the Past - I ended up skipping a bunch of episodes.  These guys are obviously smart and knowledgable about noir, but their discussions are too dry and academic for me.  C-

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks - Funny show, great concept.  Lately they've been concentrating too much on homemade snacks and esoteric stuff that people send them, though.  They need to get back to more mass market snacks.  Still, it's always enjoyable.  B+

The Sporkful - I was in love with this for about a week and now I dunno.  I can't put my finger on why, but somehow I always end up zoning out and missing big parts of it.  It also seems like they're running out of topics, even though they shouldn't be.  C

Filmspotting - Well, duh.  As I've said, I often skip the review portion if it's a movie I'm not interested in, but the rest of it is great.  I hope a new permanent co-host gets established soon.  We need marathons back.  B+

The Mental Illness Happy Hour - I just started this one with the Kulap episode and haven't listened to any of the older ones.  Seems pretty good so far, but the jury's still out.  Let's call it a B

improv4humans - New podcast featuring Matt Besser.  I don't really like this kind of improv, but at least one segment each episode has been really good.  Jury's still out on this one too.  B-

Earwolf Challenge - I really enjoyed the first season, and it sounds like they'll be doing it again, hopefully addressing some of the flaws in the format.  B

Gosh, that's a lot but I've probably forgotten one or two.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #989 on: November 30, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »
Gosh, that's a lot but I've probably forgotten one or two.

I'd list all the podcasts I subscribe to but it'd make your head explode.