Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223034 times)

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #1020 on: December 05, 2011, 11:53:10 AM »
It's essential listening if you love boner jokes.

I'd recommend checking out some episodes with guests you like and see if you want to go from there, though obviously with a show that has been going on so long, there tend to be some reoccuring jokes that might not make sense if you're just jumping around.

There's a pretty exhaustive episode guide at www.jjgo.org and the reference guide could be helpful. Maybe at some point I can list some of my favorite episodes but I don't have time at the moment.

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1021 on: December 05, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
a hangout show

That's exactly what it is: Jordan and Jesse hanging out in Jesse's apartment, with the occasional guest, all while Jesse's dog Cocoa yaps in the background. I used to really dig it, but between JORDAN JESSE GO! and THE SOUND OF YOUNG AMERICA, Jesse Thorn just wore on me after a while. (Still love Jordan Morris, though, and I'm generally up for anything he guests on.)

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #1022 on: December 05, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »
The key difference, for me, between JJGo and Nerdist is that I'm interested in hanging out with Jordan and Jesse, but I'm only interested in the guest interviews on Nerdist.
Listen to my podcast, Mousterpiece Cinema!

Find me on Sound on Sight!

Follow me on Twitter!

DarkCrystal

« Reply #1023 on: December 05, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »
I've been very curious about it (especially after enjoying Jesse's appearances on NNF) but the sheer number of episodes is daunting (over 200 now?).  I almost don't want to like it because then I'd have to find time to listen to all the old eps.

Martin - I'd say, "Well...you don't have to listen to all the old episodes..." but then I'd be a hypocrite, because I'm obsessive like that too.  Nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing beautiful, long lists of gray coloring in the previously heard episodes (I'm a Zune guy, no idea if iTunes does that).

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #1024 on: December 06, 2011, 11:50:56 PM »
Yeah, I totally do that too, Martin and DarkCrystal. I have >75 WTF episodes backlogged. I never seem to run out of new episodes in time to get through any WTFs before they start back up again.

The latest episode of my podcast is up- we go through the week's TV, spotlight Homeland, and talk Xena: Warrior Princess at the DVD Shelf with our guest, Ro Karen from Starbase66. I feel kinda bad about this, but I think Xena is one of the shows we've looked back on that I've most enjoyed. Oh, Sam Raimi, you silly!

EricWHMPodcast

• We Hate Movies!
« Reply #1025 on: December 14, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
Hey guys, ever since "We Hate Movies" had been given a glowing review by the AV Club I have tried to cut back on promoting it to the good audience of Filmspotting. However,  I thought I'd let you guys know we just did an hour episode devoted to discussing 1956's "THE CONQUEROR" in which JOHN WAYNE plays GENGHIS KHAN and HUNDREDS OF CAST AND CREW DIED. It's a real gem for those interested in film history. Check it out:

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2011/12/episode-36-conqueror.html

EricWHMPodcast

• We Hate Movies!
« Reply #1026 on: December 14, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
Tobolowsky Files (storytelling)

Any history/learning recommendations, anyone?

If you like The Tobolowsky Files you should check our my interview with him that lasts 50 minutes and is basically just him doing a totally unheard before Tobolowsky File in which he discusses making the HBO film "Deadlock" with Rutger Hauer and the Holocaust surviving Hollywood film producer who went from "Deadlock" to "Schindler's List." It's a really incredible story.
http://www.whmpodcast.com/2011/09/stephen-tobolowsky-whm-interview.html

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #1027 on: December 14, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
Subscribe but haven't yet listened
Cinema on the Road

*Strikes jbizz off Christmas list*

The rest of you: Even if you don't listen to the podcast, you should check out our little "Identify the film from the clip" contest and email us at cinemaontheroad at gmail dot com if you have the answer. I know at least two of you have this director on your Top 50 ballot and know this film!

Winner gets to dictate us a film that we'll watch and review on a bonus episode of the podcast. Obviously you should follow that up with actually listening to the podcast! If nothing else, you get to hear me make fun of roujin and his ridiculous opinions :D.

sdedalus

• Objectively Awesome
  • I have a prestigious blog, sir!
    • The End of Cinema
« Reply #1028 on: December 14, 2011, 09:56:35 PM »
I feel like I should know that, but I don't recognize it.
The End of Cinema

Seattle Screen Scene

"He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people?"

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1029 on: December 14, 2011, 11:15:18 PM »
Subscribe but haven't yet listened
Cinema on the Road

*Strikes jbizz off Christmas list*

The rest of you: Even if you don't listen to the podcast, you should check out our little "Identify the film from the clip" contest and email us at cinemaontheroad at gmail dot com if you have the answer. I know at least two of you have this director on your Top 50 ballot and know this film!

Winner gets to dictate us a film that we'll watch and review on a bonus episode of the podcast. Obviously you should follow that up with actually listening to the podcast! If nothing else, you get to hear me make fun of roujin and his ridiculous opinions :D.

Watched the clip. I don't have a clue.

I'm listening to your bonus podcast.  Interesting how both you and roujin describe The Skin I Live In as a genre picture. I had the same sentiments while watching the film.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/