Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223041 times)

AAAutin

• Elite Member
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #1040 on: December 27, 2011, 10:42:39 AM »
Just want to thank DarkCrystal and J-Bizz for recommending THE BASKETBALL JONES. Two episodes in, and I'm loving it.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #1041 on: December 27, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »
Last episode of 2011 for Mousterpiece Cinema, wherein I review the 1950 Disney film Treasure Island. Just click on the title of the episode and it'll download; as I type this, iTunes hasn't updated the show page, even though everything's in order. Apparently, they're taking the week off.
It is there now

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #1042 on: December 27, 2011, 02:01:14 PM »
I'll listen to this one.

woo!

Also: the film we discussed on our second episode, Tuesday After Christmas, is now on Instant Netflix.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1043 on: December 27, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »
Just want to thank DarkCrystal and J-Bizz for recommending THE BASKETBALL JONES. Two episodes in, and I'm loving it.

Glad you like it. I imagine the video pods will start next week.

Looks like the format of the ESPN NBA Today podcast is changing a bit. I think Rusillo will be on Mondays, Tim Legler and Mike Yam on Wed, and Henry Abbott (!) on Fridays. I'd suggest skipping any show with Legler but the other two are great.

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1044 on: December 27, 2011, 07:07:40 PM »
I'd suggest skipping any show with Legler but the other two are great.

Aw, what's wrong with Legs? I've never listened to him in any kind of longform audio format, but back when I watched ESPN, I thought he and Chris Broussard were two of the better analysts.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1045 on: December 27, 2011, 07:29:53 PM »
I'd suggest skipping any show with Legler but the other two are great.

Aw, what's wrong with Legs? I've never listened to him in any kind of longform audio format, but back when I watched ESPN, I thought he and Chris Broussard were two of the better analysts.

I don't watch ESPN's basketball coverage but most times I hear him it's a lot of the cliched stuff that comes from ex-players.  As for Broussard, the Internet HATES him. I'm sure it has a lot to do with him and Skip Bayless on whatever that awful show is called. I haven't seen enough of him outside of reading his news items to have any opinion.

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #1046 on: December 27, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »
Last episode of 2011 for Mousterpiece Cinema, wherein I review the 1950 Disney film Treasure Island. Just click on the title of the episode and it'll download; as I type this, iTunes hasn't updated the show page, even though everything's in order. Apparently, they're taking the week off.
It is there now

Ah, good. For clarification, I was able to download the episode via iTunes by refreshing my Podcasts page yesterday morning, but if you go to the page on iTunes, or the URL in my signature, it shows the Muppet Christmas Carol episode as the latest one. No idea what the screw-up is. Anyway, thanks for listening!
Listen to my podcast, Mousterpiece Cinema!

Find me on Sound on Sight!

Follow me on Twitter!

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1047 on: December 27, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »
As for Broussard, the Internet HATES him. I'm sure it has a lot to do with him and Skip Bayless on whatever that awful show is called. I haven't seen enough of him outside of reading his news items to have any opinion.

FIRST AND TEN; and yeah, it's awful. But Broussard is no Bayless--one is insightful and incisive, while the other is a bellicose blowhard.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1048 on: December 27, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
Who is Broussard? His first name is Chris, I believe, but I don't recall him regularly being paired with Skip on First Take.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1049 on: December 27, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
Who is Broussard? His first name is Chris, I believe, but I don't recall him regularly being paired with Skip on First Take.

Probably only for NBA related stuff? Stephen A. is usually up against Skip, right?

love