love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223148 times)

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #1060 on: December 28, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »
The latest episode of my TV podcast is up. It's our Best of 2011. We basically have a mutual top 10 so we chatted about each of them briefly, splitting it up a bit with some other categories we had fun with.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1061 on: December 28, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »
Are there any spoilers, or can a television luddite listen in? :)
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #1062 on: December 28, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
Actually, I think it's pretty much spoiler free, now that I think back on it. I do recall letting slip a couple Doctor Who ones (one that's barely a spoiler in the section, and another when discussing my pick for Best Quote). If you're worried though, you can get the mp4 version, which has chapter breaks so you can skip around to different sections, based on what you've seen. So, if you're behind on, say, Justified, you can skip that and listen to the rest.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #1063 on: December 29, 2011, 12:34:20 AM »
From the "fun" (Simmons) to the serious (studio show) I dont like ESPNs coverage of the Heat and Lakers NBA at all.

I haven't read/listened to Simmons much, but I'm with you on the studio stuff. "Heat and Lakers" is absolutely right. Remember back when 'Bron was with the Cavs and ESPN was doing its damnedest to shape a Kobe vs. LeBron narrative? Horrible. The fact that they never wound up in the Finals together did a lot for my continued appreciation of the NBA.

Thankfully there are so many great outlets on the net that it's pretty easy to avoid ESPN. I do think their True Hoop network is very good, along with the statheads like Hollinger.

Ryan McNeil

• The Matinee
« Reply #1064 on: December 31, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
Still very much a newbie here, but the latest episode of my podcast posted today - and I'm kinda proud of it given the amount of work this episode took. My recap 2011 at the movies with two fellow movie-lovers from England. Apologies for a few audio glitches, but hopefully some of y'all might give it a listen:

http://www.thematinee.ca/episode49/
"Find Me and Follow Me..."

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #1065 on: January 07, 2012, 12:50:25 PM »
The newest episode of my podcast is up. It's the first one for Sound on Sight, so I'm doubly excited to hear what people think. I reviewed Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs this week, and if you saw my comment about it a few days back on the forum, you know that I wasn't a big fan. Listen and tell me how crazy you think I am!
Listen to my podcast, Mousterpiece Cinema!

Find me on Sound on Sight!

Follow me on Twitter!

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1066 on: January 07, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »
The newest episode of my podcast is up.

I listened to Ratatouille.
I listened to Home on the Range.
I subscribed.

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #1067 on: January 07, 2012, 03:51:37 PM »
The newest episode of my podcast is up.

I listened to Ratatouille.
I listened to Home on the Range.
I subscribed.

Woo! Thanks, 1SO. Hope you enjoy the rest.

Follow me on Twitter!

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #1068 on: January 07, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »
The newest episode of my podcast is up. It's the first one for Sound on Sight, so I'm doubly excited to hear what people think. I reviewed Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs this week, and if you saw my comment about it a few days back on the forum, you know that I wasn't a big fan. Listen and tell me how crazy you think I am!
You're crazy!

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #1069 on: January 07, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »
You're crazy!

Even after my solid arguments about how Snow White is a weak character, and the storytelling being too episodic? How dare you, sir? HOW DARE YOU. (OK, fine, maybe I'm crazy, but I like it.)

Follow me on Twitter!

love