love

Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 223120 times)

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #1100 on: February 01, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
I stopped listening to his shows right around the time that he got angry at the rightfully negative response to Cop Out. He's as off-putting to me now as Carolla is, for different reasons.
Listen to my podcast, Mousterpiece Cinema!

Find me on Sound on Sight!

Follow me on Twitter!

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #1101 on: February 01, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »
I used to really like SModcast, but I tuned out when he started doing it high all the time. The quality/content went downhill a lot, to me, at least.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #1102 on: February 02, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »
I stopped listening to his shows right around the time that he got angry at the rightfully negative response to Cop Out. He's as off-putting to me now as Carolla is, for different reasons.

heh. Just listened to 100 minutes of them arguing with each other. They were going to do a tv show, and basically the deal broke down because one isnt an emailer, and one isnt a phone caller. Their miscommunications with each other were taken as slights, and ended up costing them both 500K.

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #1103 on: February 02, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »
Right, wasn't that going to be a thing they did with Kevin Pollak? The three most obnoxious voices in podcasting in one room? How nice of them to make it easier for me to avoid them. Pity it didn't work out.

Follow me on Twitter!

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1104 on: February 02, 2012, 03:34:54 PM »
Just listened to 100 minutes of them arguing with each other.

Listening to this right now: Carolla comes off surprisingly well--and Smith, per usual, as a big baby.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #1105 on: February 02, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
I felt the same way, but then I rather like Carolla (seems like an unpopular opinion around here, but the guy is really quick on his feet with the comedy and is putting out 90 minutes of content a day).

Valentine McKee

• Nobody does it better
    • My music vid
« Reply #1106 on: February 02, 2012, 07:09:41 PM »
No recent love for Film Sack?

One I always look forward to, just a bunch of guys watching an old(ish) film on Netflix, then joyfully mocking it, but in a loving way.

All my other regulars get listed here often enough :)
The cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river.

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1107 on: February 02, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »
the guy is really quick on his feet with the comedy

I completely agree. However, all the whining and negativity gets to be grating after a while.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1108 on: February 03, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »
No recent love for Film Sack?

One I always look forward to, just a bunch of guys watching an old(ish) film on Netflix, then joyfully mocking it, but in a loving way.

Probably my fav.

Scott's soundboard is burned into my memory. It doesn't get any better than the scream from Dirty Harry. :D

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #1109 on: February 04, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »
One more month beginning with me not completely loving a Disney classic and it's a trend: I was joined by my other co-host, Gabe Bucsko, on Mousterpiece Cinema this week to review 1964's Mary Poppins. I liked this more than Snow White, but it's, sadly, not practically perfect in every way. Check it out and tell me how crazy I am!

Follow me on Twitter!