Author Topic: Other Podcasts  (Read 222972 times)

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
Re: Other Podcasts
« Reply #1140 on: February 19, 2012, 11:56:58 AM »
Thanks to a very long, online-free day yesterday, I'm late on this, but there's a new episode of Mousterpiece Cinema up on Sound on Sight. This week, Michael Ryan and I get very, very silly in talking about...well, a very, very silly movie: Herbie Rides Again, the second in the Herbie film franchise. While I hesitate to choose favorites among episodes of the show, the movie was a lot of fun to talk about, so you should all check it out. RIGHT NOW.
Listen to my podcast, Mousterpiece Cinema!

Find me on Sound on Sight!

Follow me on Twitter!

ZBetonte

• Film Jive
« Reply #1141 on: February 20, 2012, 09:50:18 PM »
Here's the latest episode from my podcast, Film Jive. We review Soderbergh's "Haywire" and Reitman's "Young Adult". Please send us some feedback at filmjive(at)gmail.com. Thanks!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/FilmJive/Episode_19_Haywire_Young+_Adult.mp3

Katebo

• Elite Member
  • Shiny!
    • Sound on Sight TV
« Reply #1142 on: February 21, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »
The latest episode of The Televerse, my TV podcast, is up. This week, we spotlight Justified, though the finale of The Fades and Luck were in close contention. We also look at the pilot of Life's Too Short, Ricky Gervais' new series starring Warwick Davis, and the premieres of Cougar Town, Eastbound & Down, and The Amazing Race. Then Michael Rice from the OperaNow! podcast joins us at the DVD Shelf to discuss Fawlty Towers. If you check it out, please let me know what you think!

Shows covered this week: New Girl, Cougar Town, Suburgatory, Happy Endings, Top Chef: Texas, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Archer, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Fringe, The Fades, An Idiot Abroad, Life’s Too Short, Eastbound & Down, Downton Abbey, The Amazing Race, The Good Wife, Luck, Lost Girl, The Voice, and Smash.

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #1143 on: February 23, 2012, 07:14:32 AM »
I'm sure we're all already being very diligent and listening to Slate's 'The Afterword', but the most recent episode, 'Rez Life', is incredibly wonderful. I initially dismissed it before listening, because what connection could I possibly have to the show as an Anglo Australian? As it was, I found incredibly insightful ties to the current situation of indigenous Australians, and larger, more beautiful opening-ups about group identity. Really worth listening to.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1144 on: February 23, 2012, 10:19:34 AM »
I'm sure we're all already being very diligent and listening to Slate's 'The Afterword', but the most recent episode, 'Rez Life', is incredibly wonderful. I initially dismissed it before listening, because what connection could I possibly have to the show as an Anglo Australian? As it was, I found incredibly insightful ties to the current situation of indigenous Australians, and larger, more beautiful opening-ups about group identity. Really worth listening to.
Agreed.  Fantastic episode (and I love the podcast generally).

ArmenianScientist

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
« Reply #1145 on: February 23, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »
I'm going through old Comedy Death Ray Radio ep's, and they're all great. But, at what point do they stop playing full songs? I tend to skip through them, despite the fact that they're generally pretty good.

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #1146 on: February 23, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »
But, at what point do they stop playing full songs?

Fairly early on, if I recall. Definitely within the first year. Actually, I bet it was when Indie 103.1 made the transition from terrestrial to online.

mousterpiece

• Elite Member
    • Mousterpiece Cinema
« Reply #1147 on: February 25, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »
This week on Mousterpiece Cinema, we're in DIRECT COMPETITION with Adam and Michael Phillips! Not really, but we--me and my co-host, Michael Ryan--did happen to review Disney's American dub of The Secret World of Arrietty on our new episode. (Full clarification: I haven't listened to the Filmspotting episode yet, so I promise, if we share our opinions, it's completely coincidental.)

In the episode, we not only discuss Arrietty, but American dubs of foreign animation, the history of Studio Ghibli, I throw in an Arrested Development reference at the end--let's say to honor one of the film's performers, Will Arnett--and I discover what an old Disney live-action movie about a boy and his pet raccoon has to do with Hayao Miyazaki. Check it out!
Listen to my podcast, Mousterpiece Cinema!

Find me on Sound on Sight!

Follow me on Twitter!

Ryan McNeil

• The Matinee
« Reply #1148 on: February 27, 2012, 07:35:26 AM »
Apologies for being somewhat self-promotional, but another filmspotter and I got together to record an episode of my podcast. If anyone's curious, here's the latest episode of my show where Lobby and I review WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN, and talk up many other Filspotting-friendly titles.

http://www.thematinee.ca/matineecast53/
"Find Me and Follow Me..."

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1149 on: February 28, 2012, 12:48:05 AM »
roujin/worm/flieger on the road #14

(australia is a weird, dark place)
:o flieger, too!  Also, Campion!  Woo!!!  Downloading now . . .