Author Topic: Top 5 popular movies you refuse to watch  (Read 11520 times)

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
Re: Top 5 popular movies you refuse to watch
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »
The only movie that I actively refuse to watch is The Sandlot.  When I was young, someone told me that I would love baseball if I watched it, and I was perfectly happy hating baseball.

Like any good prejudice, I keep it around today simply because I've kept it for so long.

wow, you're killin me smalls (you won;t get that line ;))

Not a fan of the game much but I think the sandlot is a classic.

crumpet

• slithographer
    • CrumpArt
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 12:16:31 AM »
I keep seeing movies "in spite of" Tom Cruise and liking them less than I would otherwise "because of" Tom Cruise.  Latest examples:  War of the Worlds and Collateral (I've retyped the latter about 5 times and it still keeps looking wrong).  I never have seen Magnolia and that's probably another "in spite of" that I'll get around to one of these days. 

If you see any film with Tom Cruise in it, pick Magnolia.  He plays such a repugnant character in that film, and *surprise surprise* does a stellar job of it... you don't have to worry about being put off the rest of the film simply because he's in it — it's great. :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 12:18:17 AM by crumpet »

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 10:35:03 AM »
The only movie that I actively refuse to watch is The Sandlot.  When I was young, someone told me that I would love baseball if I watched it, and I was perfectly happy hating baseball.

Like any good prejudice, I keep it around today simply because I've kept it for so long.
I saw it as a kid and still didn't like baseball. Even at a young age I though the story was stupid and the ending bizarre.

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 10:36:47 AM »

it's a wonderful film
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 03:23:48 PM »
1. Spiderman 2 & 3 - He's already a pretty dumb superhero if you ask me, the movies just exacerbate things.
2. Transformers - Shia Labouf is annoying to me, and so are stupid looking movies.
3. POTC 2 & 3 - Fool me once...
4. Sweeney Todd - Remember in 1984 that thing with the rats, well the rats = Sweeney Todd for me.
5. Kill Bill vol2

J5er

• Elite Member
  • "I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away"
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »
1. Spiderman 2 & 3 - He's already a pretty dumb superhero if you ask me, the movies just exacerbate things.
2. Transformers - Shia Labouf is annoying to me, and so are stupid looking movies.
4. Sweeney Todd - Remember in 1984 that thing with the rats, well the rats = Sweeney Todd for me.
5. Kill Bill vol2

I've seen all of these, and I cause have lived with out Spidey 3, Transformers, and POTC 2+3.  but Sweeney Todd, KB2, and Spidey 2?!? some fun times you're missing there.

and, i want to add, i refuse to see Vantage Point, no matter what.
It's like I've waited my whole life, for this one night.  It's gon' be me you and the dance floor.  We've only got one night.  Double your pleasure, double your fun.  And dance forever.

My Box Office Podcast: www.theboxofficers.blogspot.com

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 05:38:22 PM »
5. Kill Bill vol2

I've seen all of these, and I cause have lived with out Spidey 3, Transformers, and POTC 2+3.  but Sweeney Todd, KB2, and Spidey 2?!? some fun times you're missing there.

and, i want to add, i refuse to see Vantage Point, no matter what.

i am so uninterested in vantage point.
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »

I could see myself perhaps revisiting Kill Bill way down the road, like when Tarantino is dead and gone, and then maybe I'd see KB2. It's just going to take me a long time to get over the "hey, I'm a super talented director who is a waaay bigger movie fan than you and like to reference obscure and stupid things that you've never even dreamed of, and who can cast actors you thought were dead, and whose cheap tricks are somehow dubbed style" thing. It's not that I dislike Tarantino, I just dislike how his cocksure attitude influences his movies.

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »

I could see myself perhaps revisiting Kill Bill way down the road, like when Tarantino is dead and gone, and then maybe I'd see KB2. It's just going to take me a long time to get over the "hey, I'm a super talented director who is a waaay bigger movie fan than you and like to reference obscure and stupid things that you've never even dreamed of, and who can cast actors you thought were dead, and whose cheap tricks are somehow dubbed style" thing. It's not that I dislike Tarantino, I just dislike how his cocksure attitude influences his movies.

your loss

Outatime

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2008, 09:08:05 PM »
CRASH