Author Topic: Top 5 Off-putting Actors  (Read 40086 times)

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
Re: Top 5 Off-putting Actors
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 05:11:44 PM »
I'm with you on Leo.

I'll resist plastering this topic with sultry photos of Keira.
A$AP Fables

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »
I'll resist plastering this topic with sultry photos of Keira.

Thank-you.  :)

gateway

• Elite Member
  • Boom De Ah Da.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 10:10:19 PM »
5. Ethan Hawke
4. Jeremy Piven
3. Paul Giamatti (Before thinking about this list, I never considered him annoying. Then I considered Shoot 'Em Up, Sideways, Lady in the Water... he annoyed me in all of 'em)
2. Lucy Liu
1. Greg Kinnear
"I hope someday to be rich enough to smoke giant cigars while cackling maniacally."
- Nathan Rabin (echoing my thoughts exactly)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 09:49:44 AM »

Aaron

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 11:22:20 AM »
I have one, but it is a doozy

Matthew Modine

Pure furniture

Rorsky

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 11:23:53 AM »
1.  Tom Cruise--I. Just. Can't. Stand. Him.

Oh, it's just so hip to hate Tom Cruise now! Call me crazy, I like him as an actor. Collateral, Magnolia, Jerry Maguire, A Few Good Men, Minority Report are all good performances.

As for the Scientology thing, yeah, I admit it's weird, but nobody gives the same shit to Jason Lee, Beck, or Nancy Cartwright. My God, it's not like Voo-Doo or Snakehandling.
Well, that's just like your. . . opinion, man.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »

Oh, it's just so hip to hate Tom Cruise now! Call me crazy, I like him as an actor. Collateral, Magnolia, Jerry Maguire, A Few Good Men, Minority Report are all good performances.

As for the Scientology thing, yeah, I admit it's weird, but nobody gives the same shit to Jason Lee, Beck, or Nancy Cartwright. My God, it's not like Voo-Doo or Snakehandling.

Oh, yes, he really is a very good actor - he just annoys me, and it's not the scientology thing - it's his face, his smile, his manner, or something, I don't know. And I'm not trying to be hip - from his Risky Business days, he's always annoyed me.  :)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 12:12:48 PM »

Hey, I hated Tom Cruise before it was cool.  All the way back to Risky Business.  Every time a friend would talk me into giving another of his movies a chance, I renewed the hate.  Top Gun--hate it.  Days of Thunder--hate it.  That crappy Irish immigrant movie with Nicole Kidman--hate it.

Believe me, it was NOT cool to dislike Tom Cruise in the days of Risky Business and Top Gun, or to find both of those movies godawful even without the Cruise factor.

I'm no shallow bandwagon jumper--my Cruise hatred runs deep.  I could care less about the Scientology thing.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 12:18:53 PM »
Hey, I hated Tom Cruise before it was cool.  All the way back to Risky Business.  Every time a friend would talk me into giving another of his movies a chance, I renewed the hate.  Top Gun--hate it.  Days of Thunder--hate it.  That crappy Irish immigrant movie with Nicole Kidman--hate it.

Believe me, it was NOT cool to dislike Tom Cruise in the days of Risky Business and Top Gun, or to find both of those movies godawful even without the Cruise factor.

I'm no shallow bandwagon jumper--my Cruise hatred runs deep.  I could care less about the Scientology thing.

Very nicely put, Colleen.  :)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 12:55:25 PM »

[/quote]

Very nicely put, Colleen.  :)
[/quote]

*curtsy*