love

Author Topic: Top 5 Off-putting Actors  (Read 40093 times)

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
Re: Top 5 Off-putting Actors
« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »
Haven't seen Sheen in anything except Platoon and Wall Street. Do you count those or are you thinking about recent movies?

I have also been fortunate for having been spared Jaden Smith.

Kristen Stewart
They keep on trying to sell her as an irresistible romantic interest and I just cannot. She was best in Sils Maria and even then I found her underwhelming and sometimes bland.

Adam Sandler
I don't think this one needs explanation. Except for PDL. He's good in that.

Hayden Christensen
Rubbish actor, and he made Star Wars that much worse.

Shia Leboeuf
It's mostly because I have only seen him in mediocre stuff, but he's always off-putting.

Steven Seagal
The DVD rental store got a bunch of his movies when I was a teen and he was just so bad so always.

This was a difficult list to come up with. I suppose I like me my actors.

NB: If you Google "shit actors" a bunch of black guys' pictures come up, only one of which I am convinced is an actor. Not cool, Google.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2017, 02:14:14 PM »
Haven't seen Sheen in anything except Platoon and Wall Street. Do you count those or are you thinking about recent movies?
Platoon and Wall Street are both in my Essentials, and I watched them both last year for ranking. There was a bit of an "oh boy" to watching him, but I used nostalgia to get past it.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2017, 05:38:56 PM »
NB: If you Google "shit actors" a bunch of black guys' pictures come up, only one of which I am convinced is an actor. Not cool, Google.

I had to try this, and the images displayed for me were all white actors, The Rock, Arnie, a 2 other men and 1 woman. Google's algorithms, which I assume are based on location and search history, do very different things for different people.

PeacefulAnarchy

• Elite Member
    • Criticker reviews
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2017, 05:45:42 PM »
Are you looking at image search?
Google search gives me the same as DH, Donald glove Louis CK and some rappers, but scroll down a bit and I get the images which you describe, The Rock (who isn't white) a Photoshop of I guess Christian Bale, some white guy, Arnie and a woman.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2017, 05:48:47 PM »
No, I start on web, but the short image list appears near the top of the page. Looks like you got the same image set as me.

My bad on The Rock.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2017, 06:45:06 PM »
I was talking about the set of images that appear at the top of a regular web search. I cannot imagine what in my cookies persuaded Google I was looking for, what I assume to be, a group of random rappers.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2017, 11:06:21 PM »
Yeah, that's very weird. I've tried Googling other "___ actors" to achieve similar results. "Gun actors" shows actors from the movie Gun and says "Actors > Gun" the way "shit actors" says "Actors > Shit". Others are either just regular results or something like "blade actors" which returns actors from Blade, except the header says "Blade > Cast".

There does not appear to be any production named Shit starring Louis C.K., Scarface and Donald Glover. I wonder if this is some renegade (and perhaps racist) Google employee having a laugh.

edit: "knife actors" has some odd results. Robert Aldrich, presumably for The Big Knife... Bobby Darin, "Mack the Knife" of course.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:08:05 PM by MartinTeller »

Knocked Out Loaded

• Elite Member
  • I might remember it all differently tomorrow.
« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2017, 02:37:06 AM »
My search got a fairly mixed result.

Extraordinary (81-100˚) | Very good (61-80˚) | Good (41-60˚) | Fair (21-40˚) | Poor (0-20˚)

love