love

Author Topic: Unpopular Movie Opinions (2008 - 2010)  (Read 643038 times)

chesterfilms

• Godfather
Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »

i think this is a very funny, and well made movie.
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2008, 10:05:04 PM »
My dad thinks...Gladiator [is a] piece(s) of s*** (his words).
Cuz it is! :P

Man, don't get me started on Gladiator. I think I spent an afternoon defending that movie last weekend on the boards. I'm not going down that road again. I'm not budging on this one.  8)
My problem is simple. It's the same ole' self indulging vengeance movie that's been made for years. Seriously, if these films would quit being so childishly naive I might give them time of day.

That's okay. To each his own as they say. It's really the spectacle of it all and the performances that get me going when I watch that film. I just can't help it.

cheerio.
I'm that way about most Sci-fi films. I think we're all that way in that there are certain films or kinds of films that we love despite ourselves. I really like Hellboy and think it's a good film even though at the slightest provocation I'd concede that it probably isn't as good as I think it is in my mind.

indieabby88

• Two Awesome Movie Nerds
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2008, 10:08:17 PM »

Me too...Heh.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2008, 10:08:28 PM »

Ok, but what are your thoughts on Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot?
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #244 on: April 21, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »

Man, don't get me started on Gladiator. I think I spent an afternoon defending that movie last weekend on the boards. I'm not going down that road again. I'm not budging on this one.  8)
My problem is simple. It's the same ole' self indulging vengeance movie that's been made for years. Seriously, if these films would quit being so childishly naive I might give them time of day.

That's okay. To each his own as they say. It's really the spectacle of it all and the performances that get me going when I watch that film. I just can't help it.

cheerio.
I'm that way about most Sci-fi films. I think we're all that way in that there are certain films or kinds of films that we love despite ourselves. I really like Hellboy and think it's a good film even though at the slightest provocation I'd concede that it probably isn't as good as I think it is in my mind.

Ah, not so fast there. I think Hellboy has a lot going for it. Ron Pearlam as a snappy devil who wears the cross around his neck and fights evil? I can go with that.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2008, 10:15:10 PM »

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2008, 10:48:30 PM »

cheerio.

Ah, not so fast there. I think Hellboy has a lot going for it. Ron Pearlam as a snappy devil who wears the cross around his neck and fights evil? I can go with that.

Word. Hellboy is awesome.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »

cheerio.

Word. Hellboy is awesome.
Hellboy was the height of mediocrity (chase the dog in a new location, yea!)... and its the best thing Guillermo del Toro has ever done.  I weep for The Hobbit.

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
Also, I loved Transformers.

Are you sure you want to use the word 'loved'? That would indeed be an impopular opinion. It looked kind of neat, but loved?

I loved it for what it was: the best popcorn movie/eye-candy of last summer. Great mindless entertainment.

Loved. Well...I really really loved how it looked, and I liked the rest of it very much.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »
Lars Trier is not so much a filmmaker as he is a post-modern media prankster/performance artist.

He has nothing to say except, "HAHA!! Tricked you into watching my film!"
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.