Author Topic: Unpopular Movie Opinions (2008 - 2010)  (Read 643265 times)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions
« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2008, 10:35:52 AM »
I never even bothered with the 2nd one.

WallE

« Reply #321 on: April 29, 2008, 12:31:49 PM »
I loved all three X-Movies for many different reasons.

I don't think Bryan Singer is a very good action director though, what made his X-Films enjoyable were the subtext and drama he inserted. X-Men 3 delivered on some of the best mutant action ever to be put on screen. Some of it was pure balls, but at least Ratner was swinging for the fences with his set peices.

Notable awesome moments:

Magneto's destruction of the prison convoy
Jean's House fight (in the discussion for greatest comic film fight scenes IMO)
Golden Gate Bridge sequence
The final Phoenix moments on Alcatraz

All of these moments FAR outweigh any action Singer has ever done, and I am including the snore-fest Super Man Returns in which a very gay looking Super Man gets winded while throwing a big rock and takes a Super Nap!

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #322 on: April 30, 2008, 10:54:51 AM »
Although now I hear their making a Wolverine film... He was my favorite X-Man as a kid, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Is that an unpopular opinion around these parts or are you guys seriously pumped up for a Wolverine flick?
Says Huge Jackman:
"We are dealing with a character who is probably one of the darker comic book characters ever created," Jackman said. "The movie has a lot of fun elements, but there are layers of pain and darkness to this character."
"Tonally, I would put it more in the 'Batman Begins' sort of realm," he added. "That's sort of where we're headed."

I'm still don't care and it bugs me that Brian Cox won't be in it.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #323 on: April 30, 2008, 01:25:48 PM »
It is possible to have too much of a good thing, and I'm afraid we may heading down that kind of road with the Wolverine movie.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

WallE

« Reply #324 on: April 30, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »
To much of a good thing? That umpossible!

Actually the new Wolverine movie will be good for one reason and one reason only... GAMBIT!!!!

Thats right, Gambit bitches.

This is the one thing that will get my geekboy boner so hard that the movie could be the worst since Gigli and I will still enjoy the piss out of it.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2008, 02:18:46 PM »
It all depends on who plays Gambit. It they get some pouty-faced male model who think he's got charisma (but of course, can't act his way out of a paper bag), it'll put even George Clooney's Batman to shame. And I'm 90% sure that's what they'll end up doing too.

The casting priorities should go something like; Good actor first, then fairly unknown, fits the mental image of Gambit. Not the other way around.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:23:12 PM by smirnoff »

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »
It all depends on who plays Gambit. It they get some pouty-faced male model who think he's got charisma (but of course, can't act his way out of a paper bag), it'll put even George Clooney's Batman to shame. And I'm 90% sure that's what they'll end up doing too.

don't they already have who's gonna play him?  that dude from the friday night lights tv show?  right?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2018237/

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »

don't they already have who's gonna play him?  that dude from the friday night lights tv show?  right?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2018237/

Sucks. Okay, I'm basically boycotting this movie now. What a joke.

WallE

« Reply #328 on: April 30, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
Boycotting the movie? C'mon thats just silly.

I have faith in this kid, I have seen a few episodes of FNL and he is a fine actor.

He is a better choice then Sawyer from lost thats for sure.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »
I might've overreacted  ;)

love