love

Author Topic: Unpopular Movie Opinions (2008 - 2010)  (Read 643051 times)

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions
« Reply #530 on: June 24, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »
The thing that drags that movie down is the unbelievably boring middle section.
That's the part that ends with the credits, right?
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #531 on: June 24, 2008, 05:04:18 PM »
Yeah, sure.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #532 on: June 24, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
All the things that people didn't like about Indy IV (nuke fridge, gophers, tarzan, monkeys), I liked. The thing that drags that movie down is the unbelievably boring middle section.

I liked the fridge too, but you're off base with those monkeys and gophers.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #533 on: June 24, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »
All the things that people didn't like about Indy IV (nuke fridge, gophers, tarzan, monkeys), I liked. The thing that drags that movie down is the unbelievably boring middle section.

No he's not. I loved all those things he loved. I loved the aliens. I loved the ending. I loved everything, except I agree that the movie dragged in the middle a bit. But I think that has to do with a bit of over-complicated plotting. Why can't the thrust of the plot be something simple like it was in the first films? Oh well. Indy 4 was a blast and you guys all suck for hating on it.

I also believe that Zoolander is on of the best comedies of the last 10 years. Take that for what you will.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #534 on: June 24, 2008, 10:32:03 PM »

No he's not. I loved all those things he loved. I loved the aliens. I loved the ending. I loved everything, except I agree that the movie dragged in the middle a bit. But I think that has to do with a bit of over-complicated plotting. Why can't the thrust of the plot be something simple like it was in the first films? Oh well. Indy 4 was a blast and you guys all suck for hating on it.

I also believe that Zoolander is on of the best comedies of the last 10 years. Take that for what you will.

All of the CGI'd animals in Indy 4 were an embarrassment. I'm with you on Zoolander, that gasoline fight gets me every time.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #535 on: June 24, 2008, 11:02:46 PM »

Hansel is sooo hot right now.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #536 on: June 24, 2008, 11:05:40 PM »
Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese?  Don't you know I'm loco?

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

CSSCHNEIDER

• Elite Member
  • I Shoot Movies, Don't I?
    • http://csschneideraccounts.blogspot.com/
« Reply #537 on: June 24, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »
I agree that Zoolander is one of the best comdies of the last 10 years, it's actually among my top 5 all time.  But Indy is not good, at all.  In fact it's the worst movie I've seen this year.
Taste is discerning, not all encompassing.

It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like

Know the Difference Between Arts and Crafts

"Pain is Temporary, Film is Forever..." --John Milius

Winner! BFCS Iconoclast Award 2007

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #538 on: June 24, 2008, 11:46:34 PM »

I disagree, but not violently so. I can only take so many Ben Stiller movies in one lifetime. At least he wasn't playing an overly cautious single guy who gets mixed up in some girl's crazy life!
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #539 on: June 24, 2008, 11:48:03 PM »
At least he wasn't playing an overly cautious single guy who gets mixed up in some girl's crazy life!

I love that movie(s)!

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad