love

Author Topic: Unpopular Movie Opinions (2008 - 2010)  (Read 642885 times)

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions
« Reply #580 on: July 01, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »
While we're out of step with the rest of humanity as far as animation is concerned, I do not like The Lion King.

I don't wish ill on the millions who do, but I happen to not like the film.
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #581 on: July 01, 2008, 11:02:17 AM »
While we're out of step with the rest of humanity as far as animation is concerned, I do not like The Lion King.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't wish ill on these people either. I do, however, also dislike The Lion King.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #582 on: July 01, 2008, 11:12:07 AM »

Contrary to popular belief, I don't wish ill on these people either. I do, however, also dislike The Lion King.

I do not like it either.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #583 on: July 01, 2008, 11:14:02 AM »

I do not like it either.

State some reasons, please. 
Texan Down Under

m_rturnage

• FAB
  • Elite Member
  • Beauty hurts.
    • Too Much Time on My Hands
« Reply #584 on: July 01, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »

I do not like it either.

Part of it is the vocal casting of James Earl Jones, especially having him say lines like, "I am your father."

I also think the high drama of the storyline (i.e. murdering the father in front of the cub) actively works against the tone of the Timon and Pumbaa scenes. Because the best way to deal with grief and to learn about responsibility is to fart a lot.
http://www.26screenplays.com - Short screenplays for independent filmmakers.

You light a man a fire, and he's warm for a night. You light a man ON fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #585 on: July 01, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »
i have always really enjoyed it, but it has been about 5 years since i have seen it.
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #586 on: July 01, 2008, 01:35:38 PM »

I do not like it either.

I agree with RT, but it felt to me,too, like Disney was trying to be profound (and therefore kinda preachy) with the whole circle of life thing, a concept that to me seems empty and sentimental and ultimately comfortless and cheap. (Plus, I really loathe that song - so cheesy and earnest.)

Valentine McKee

• Nobody does it better
    • My music vid
« Reply #587 on: July 01, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »
Inspired by that "best current directors" thread, those Bourne films...really not all that.

I enjoyed them, probably would go to see the fourth if they make it, but Paul Greengrass is not God bought down to earth and put in charge of a film crew. Why everyone goes along with this I don't know. (I know Doug Liman did Identity).
The cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #588 on: July 01, 2008, 04:54:38 PM »
Chihuahua is going to be the cinematic achievement of the decade!
Hey, nice marmot!

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #589 on: July 01, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »
Inspired by that "best current directors" thread, those Bourne films...really not all that.

I enjoyed them, probably would go to see the fourth if they make it, but Paul Greengrass is not God bought down to earth and put in charge of a film crew. Why everyone goes along with this I don't know. (I know Doug Liman did Identity).

Amen
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.