love

Author Topic: Unpopular Movie Opinions (2008 - 2010)  (Read 642973 times)

Ronan

• Elite Member
Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions
« Reply #670 on: July 13, 2008, 05:51:54 PM »
I'd say liking SJP was an unpopular opinon, other than Carrie she's completely awful at everything and she's even quite annoying as Carrie.

And she looks like a foot

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #671 on: July 13, 2008, 07:00:36 PM »
She's actually very nice and was quite good in LA Story

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #672 on: July 13, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »
She's actually very nice and was quite good in LA Story

Yeah she was funny in that. And from her appearances on Conan she does seem quite nice. I've changed my mind ---- I love her!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:15:55 PM by matt the movie watcher »
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

roner

• Groovy
    • Boxwatcher
« Reply #673 on: July 13, 2008, 08:08:20 PM »
Wall-E is okay but not a masterpiece.

though i have yet to experience Wall•E (probably this thursday), i must say i tingle a bit each time i read a lackluster review.  thanks also to Basil!

roner, ages ago (last summer) you were talking about coming into chicago for a day trip, any chance of that still?  movies in grant park is pretty cool...

I'll be interested in hearing your take on Wall-E after you've seen it.  Most people saw it either at the start or during the big hype for the movie.  It'll be interesting to hear from someone who listened to all the hype then saw the flick. 

As far as a trip into the city, yeah I'd still be interested depending on schedule and what movie is playing. 

"No matter where you go, there you are."
                               -Buckaroo Banzai

www.boxwatcher.net
www.viewfromthecheapseatsonline.com
With Podcast!

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #674 on: July 13, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »
Wall-E is okay but not a masterpiece.

though i have yet to experience Wall•E (probably this thursday), i must say i tingle a bit each time i read a lackluster review.  thanks also to Basil!

roner, ages ago (last summer) you were talking about coming into chicago for a day trip, any chance of that still?  movies in grant park is pretty cool...

I'll be interested in hearing your take on Wall-E after you've seen it.  Most people saw it either at the start or during the big hype for the movie.  It'll be interesting to hear from someone who listened to all the hype then saw the flick. 

As far as a trip into the city, yeah I'd still be interested depending on schedule and what movie is playing. 

the grant park films are tuesday nights, but there is usually something worthwhile playing (music box, siskel, doc, etc.).  i haven't been to many movies lately, too busy and tight budget, an excuse to get out is always good.
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #675 on: July 14, 2008, 02:56:49 PM »
Baby Mama is better than the Wedding Crashers and the 40 Year Old Virgin.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #676 on: July 14, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »

I agree with the Wedding Crashers part, but I still like 40 Year Old Virgin better. Maybe if Baby Mama had given Romany Malco more to do, I'd give it the edge.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #677 on: July 14, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »

I agree with the Wedding Crashers part, but I still like 40 Year Old Virgin better. Maybe if Baby Mama had given Romany Malco more to do, I'd give it the edge.

I love Steve Carell but the last hour of Virgin is pretty bad. What is with the scene with the chick in the tub?

Wedding Crashers was a huge let down. Great cast but just not all that funny. Never understood the critical reaction.

Maybe it's a case of low expectations combined with my affection for the cast but Baby Mama hit the spot.

chesterfilms

• Godfather
« Reply #678 on: July 14, 2008, 09:20:22 PM »
I haven't seen Baby Mama, but i don't think Wedding Crashers or 40 Year Old Virgin are very good movies.
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #679 on: July 14, 2008, 09:36:02 PM »
I haven't seen Baby Mama, but i don't think Wedding Crashers or 40 Year Old Virgin are very good movies.

QFL.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad