love

Author Topic: Unpopular Movie Opinions (2008 - 2010)  (Read 643226 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions
« Reply #820 on: August 18, 2008, 04:33:41 PM »
Juno is a good movie. Screw you all.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #821 on: August 18, 2008, 04:34:49 PM »
Juno is a good movie. Screw you all.

Rodents unite!
A$AP Fables

chesterfilms

• Godfather
What? What are you talking about? It's girls and spaghetti. We love girls and spaghetti.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #823 on: August 18, 2008, 04:56:28 PM »
Juno is sexually attractive when pregnant.
Reminds me of Patriot Games (the novel). There's a great exchange about pregnant women.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #824 on: August 18, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »
Juno being sexually attractive when pregnant. Yup, you wrote that in the right column.

Life Aquatic... Hmm, I love what Criterion does and most of the films they choose to give the royal treatment, but they definitely got it wrong when they chose to work on Life Aquatic. So overrated!
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #825 on: August 18, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »
Dr. T and the Women is a very good movie
Juno is not

Never saw Dr T, I usually don't like well-recieved Altman so I tend to avoid the ones that get panned.

Juno is unfunny and the writing painfully mannered. Diablo Cody is a one hit wonder.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #826 on: August 18, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »

Life Aquatic... Hmm, I love what Criterion does and most of the films they choose to give the royal treatment, but they definitely got it wrong when they chose to work on Life Aquatic. So overrated!

Is the Life Aquatic really overrated? It's might be my least favorite Wes Anderson film but I thought that was the general feeling most had about it. It's MetaCritic score is a 62, which is just about average. I guess the IMDB score is a bit higher at 7.2 but that's not too much higher than it should be rated.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #827 on: August 18, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »
You don't need to be prepared for it.  It's a movie, not a test.

Sometimes it helps for me to be able to look for things I may not normally find in a film - I tried late night and fell asleep, maybe I was tired, or maybe I thought it sucked - whatever I am willing to give it a second chance.
Hey, nice marmot!

Mandrake

• Elite Member
  • Do you pick your toes in Poughkeepsie?
    • Nat's Media Rap
« Reply #828 on: August 18, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »
Dr. T and the Women is a very good movie
Juno is not

Never saw Dr T, I usually don't like well-recieved Altman so I tend to avoid the ones that get panned.

Juno is unfunny and the writing painfully mannered. Diablo Cody is a one hit wonder.

Speaking of metacritic - http://www.metacritic.com/video/titles/drtandthewomen?q=dr.%20t%20and%20the%20women

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #829 on: August 18, 2008, 07:49:43 PM »

Is the Life Aquatic really overrated? It's might be my least favorite Wes Anderson film but I thought that was the general feeling most had about it. It's MetaCritic score is a 62, which is just about average. I guess the IMDB score is a bit higher at 7.2 but that's not too much higher than it should be rated.

You may right about that. However, a lot of people I know really like that film. Besides, cinecasting Criterion made a special edition about it. 9 times out of 10 that's a good sign. Life Aquatic was the other 1.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/