love

Author Topic: Unpopular Movie Opinions (2008 - 2010)  (Read 643048 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Unpopular Movie Opinions
« Reply #4430 on: June 16, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
Not unpopular, just idiotic.

Unacceptable, Bondo.

pixote

I just want to be clear that what I said was not directed at Gotham, I welcome him to the forum and enjoy people with unconventional views, even if I disagree on the particulars, and certainly hold plenty myself (as I think all of us do in our own ways). Whether or not it would have salvaged it, I should have had a ;) in there because I wasn't being serious in my comment on the fact that at this forum it isn't actually that unpopular to claim that American Beauty, Slumdog Millionaire and Crash (all top-100 films for me) are "terrible."

Anyway, I'm sorry if my comment was not taken in the manner in which I intend it. Still, I'm not sure Bill should be the one lecturing me on decorum.  ::)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #4431 on: June 16, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »
Since I am new to this board, I have quite the list.

Every Star Wars film is terrible.   Agree
Every Lord Of The Rings film is terrible.  Agree
American Beauty is, also, terrible.  Pretty much agree now, but not when i first watched it
Aside from Terminator 2, James Cameron has not made a good film.  Close, I do like the Abyss except the ending
Aside from Blade Runner, Ridley Scott has not made a good film.  This should read "Aside from Alien"
Aside from Anchorman, Judd Apatow has not been apart of a good film. I can't remember Anchorman
The Spider-Man franchise is terrible.  Agree
Psycho is boring. 
Slumdog Millionaire, No Country For Old Men, Crash, and Million Dollar Baby (all Best Picture winners this past decade) are all bad.  Wrong on NCfoM
Shakespeare In Love deserved the Oscar over Saving Private RyanDidn't see either of them
 A Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday The 13th, Halloween, and films of that nature are not good.
Apocalypse Now is Coppola's best film.  Agree

I have many more as well.

How can they be unpopular, they are mostly right:)  But I am more curious what you actually like now.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4432 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:14 PM »
A Nightmare On Elm Street, Friday The 13th, Halloween, and films of that nature are not good.

This isn't unpopular, and really, isn't it the point of those flicks?
It may not be unpopular, but it's wrong.  ;)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #4433 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:10 PM »

I honestly had a good time watching Jason X. It was because I laughed a lot rather than feel frightened, but the end result was the same: I had a good time.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Fugee

• Elite Member
« Reply #4434 on: June 17, 2010, 01:21:44 PM »

I honestly had a good time watching Jason X. It was because I laughed a lot rather than feel frightened, but the end result was the same: I had a good time.
Aye, that's what I meant. It's a good time, though it may not be scary, which is what I imagined the intention was. In any case, watching Freddy Vs. Jason with a bunch of friends was excellent.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #4435 on: June 17, 2010, 01:42:26 PM »

Aye, that's what I meant. It's a good time, though it may not be scary, which is what I imagined the intention was. In any case, watching Freddy Vs. Jason with a bunch of friends was excellent.

True for the sequels, not so true for the originals. With exceptions on both sides, of course.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #4436 on: June 17, 2010, 02:00:49 PM »
Chris Evans is a great actor, that is completely underrated among movie fans.
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #4437 on: June 17, 2010, 02:03:08 PM »

This is unpopular? I thought everyone agrees he's great. Only good part of Fantastic Four. Great in Sunshine.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

GothamCity151

• Godfather
  • Join us!
« Reply #4438 on: June 17, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »
Since I am new to this board, I have quite the list.

Every Star Wars film is terrible.   Agree
Every Lord Of The Rings film is terrible.  Agree
American Beauty is, also, terrible.  Pretty much agree now, but not when i first watched it
Aside from Terminator 2, James Cameron has not made a good film.  Close, I do like the Abyss except the ending
Aside from Blade Runner, Ridley Scott has not made a good film.  This should read "Aside from Alien"
Aside from Anchorman, Judd Apatow has not been apart of a good film. I can't remember Anchorman
The Spider-Man franchise is terrible.  Agree
Psycho is boring. 
Slumdog Millionaire, No Country For Old Men, Crash, and Million Dollar Baby (all Best Picture winners this past decade) are all bad.  Wrong on NCfoM
Shakespeare In Love deserved the Oscar over Saving Private RyanDidn't see either of them
Apocalypse Now is Coppola's best film.  Agree

I have many more as well.

How can they be unpopular, they are mostly right:)  But I am more curious what you actually like now.

I plan on putting a top 100 of my favorite films somewhere on the boards soon.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #4439 on: June 17, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »

Haven't seen him in anything other than the twenty minutes of Fantastic Four I watched before walking out.

love