Author Topic: What Should Another Filmspotter Do?  (Read 246103 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: What Should Another Filmspotter Do?
« Reply #1060 on: June 22, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »
Another filmspotter should join me in chat.

When Steve Zissou grants me a leave of absence, I'll be in there.

nicholas85

• Drainage!
« Reply #1061 on: June 22, 2009, 07:07:42 PM »
I'm sure we can come up with good vampire movies. Near Dark, for example.
Let the Right One In

I agree 100% with that choice.  I love that movie and I think my love for it grew after being dragged to see Twilight.  I didn't hate Twilight, it was alright, but it really put things into perspective in terms of how great Let the Right One In really was.  And after viewing it again, my feelings only grew.  I can't recommend it enough.  The visuals are enough reason to watch, especially the snow in the black sky.  Great stuff.
"My dreams are a cruel joke. They taunt me. Even in my dreams, I'm an idiot who knows he's about to wake up to reality. If I could only avoid sleep. But I can't. I try to tell myself what to dream. I try to dream that I am flying. Something free. It never works."

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1062 on: June 22, 2009, 07:12:43 PM »
ses should have an amazing birthday/father's day celebration and tell us all about it tomorrow!

:)

It was fun, lots of good food.  I got a french press and a personalized bottle of wine (it has a picture of me on the label and it says twenty-ten (instead of thirty) merlot and aged to perfection since 1979) from my brother and sister-in-law.  I got a $50 dollar gift certificate to the movie theater from my dad, and my mom got me a retro picnic basket and a retro pie/cake/pie (it holds a pie on the bottom, a cake in the middle, and a pie on top) holder from the antique store where she works (she always notices when I am in there and admiring things  :)).  Oh, and my dad got me a coffee mug that has almost every Disney character on it, but he didn't notice that it said "Grandpa" on the handle  :D

What great gifts!

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #1063 on: June 22, 2009, 07:17:54 PM »
ses should have an amazing birthday/father's day celebration and tell us all about it tomorrow!

It was fun, lots of good food.  I got a french press and a personalized bottle of wine (it has a picture of me on the label and it says twenty-ten (instead of thirty) merlot and aged to perfection since 1979) from my brother and sister-in-law.  I got a $50 dollar gift certificate to the movie theater from my dad, and my mom got me a retro picnic basket and a retro pie/cake/pie (it holds a pie on the bottom, a cake in the middle, and a pie on top) holder from the antique store where she works (she always notices when I am in there and admiring things  :)).  Oh, and my dad got me a coffee mug that has almost every Disney character on it, but he didn't notice that it said "Grandpa" on the handle  :D

What great gifts!

:)  Yeah, it was good stuff! 
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #1064 on: June 22, 2009, 07:52:22 PM »

This is my picnic basket and my pie/cake/pie holder:

Those are amazing gifts and your family sounds awesome, ses :). I love the pie/cake/pie holder (why choose when you can have all 3!).

worm@work

• Godfather
« Reply #1065 on: June 22, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »
nicholas85, who is clearly extremely cool for having found and posted in the Déjà vu thread on his very first day here, should post here.

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #1066 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »

This is my picnic basket and my pie/cake/pie holder:

Those are amazing gifts and your family sounds awesome, ses :). I love the pie/cake/pie holder (why choose when you can have all 3!).

Yeah, I have never made a pie, a cake, and a pie for any occasion.  I might have to now.  :)
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #1067 on: June 22, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
Junior should CINECAST!ing quit.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1068 on: June 22, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »
I'd say yes... but I'm insanely practical enough to want another job first. Granted as bad as it sounds working anywhere sounds better than there
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #1069 on: June 22, 2009, 09:59:39 PM »
I'd say yes... but I'm insanely practical enough to want another job first. Granted as bad as it sounds working anywhere sounds better than there

My mom agrees with you. And since she (and my pops) are paying for most of college I suppose I have to go along. I'm not giving up on getting another job yet, though. And my friend wants to try to squirm his way into my position if I leave.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love