0 (0%)
The Division Bell
0 (0%)
Haven't Heard Pink Floyd
2 (4.7%)
Don't Like Pink Floyd
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Best Pink Floyd Album  (Read 16072 times)

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
Re: Best Pink Floyd Album
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:17 PM »
First 4 tracks are the live disk

You have a lot of vinyl?  I have heard a few good setups and wish I had a turntable but it just would cost me too much money

Definitely appreciate the album more these days after that listen. I used to have a lot of vinyl (well about 80 albums) from my earlier days, but I gave most of it away. I did keep all my Pink Floyd though. These days I would only have about 12 albums and a few singles. I have occasionally thought about buying an old turntable, just never got around to it.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Best Pink Floyd Album
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »
It is mostly down with acoustic instruments with a few exceptions where he uses an electric guitar, so he does Shine On first half solo with a acoustic guitar up to the point the sax comes in.  His bass player plays a stand up Bass and he uses a cello player which works wonderful, especially on Comfortable Numb.  While I was always partial to Water's themes and writing, this convinced me just how important Gilmour as the musical soul of the band. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman