Poll

Doctor Bolls Greatest Work (there are no wrong answers here)

Heart of America
1 (4.2%)
House of the Dead
2 (8.3%)
Alone in the Dark
4 (16.7%)
Bloodrayne
4 (16.7%)
In the Name of the King: A Dungien Siege Tale
2 (8.3%)
Seed
0 (0%)
Postal
8 (33.3%)
Bloodrayne 2: Deliverence
1 (4.2%)
1968 Tunnel Rats
0 (0%)
Rampage
0 (0%)
Attack on Darfur
0 (0%)
Stoic
0 (0%)
The Final Storm
0 (0%)
Max Schmeling
0 (0%)
BloodRayne: The Third Reich
0 (0%)
In the Name of the King: Two Worlds
0 (0%)
Auschwitz
0 (0%)
Blubberella
0 (0%)
Assault on Wall Street
0 (0%)
Suddenly
0 (0%)
Rampage: Capital Punishment
0 (0%)
In the Name of the King: The Last Job
0 (0%)
Rampage: President Down
0 (0%)
other
0 (0%)
haven't seen any
1 (4.2%)
don't like any
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Boll, Uwe  (Read 5885 times)

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Directors Best - Uwe Boll
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »
IFC did a podcast on his films a week ago.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

1SO

• Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 02:53:58 PM »
I heard that.  It was one of their best podcasts.  The honestly looked at his body of work and gave some interesting analysis.

Part of me would love to watch his entire body of work just to say I did it.  If only there was a reward or a special merit badge at the end...
Must See  |  Should See  |  Good  |  Mixed  |  Bad

zarodinu

• Elite Member
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 03:07:54 PM »
Anyone got a link?

EDIT: Got it !
http://www.ifc.com/film/film-news/2008/05/ifc-news-podcast-76-get-uwe-bo.php

Thanks for the tip Tequila
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 03:11:48 PM by zarodinu »
Iíve lied to men who wear belts. Iíve lied to men who wear suspenders. But Iíd never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

zarodinu

• Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »
Tequila owes me a new keyboard.  When they started reading Uwe quotes I spat food on the keys from laughing so hard.
Iíve lied to men who wear belts. Iíve lied to men who wear suspenders. But Iíd never be so stupid as to lie to a man who wears both a belt and suspenders.

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »
I didn't think a discussion on Uwe Boll would last this long.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

choatime

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »
No Sanctimony in the poll?  C'mon, it's an important part of the Uwre.

I'm not sure if this is fortunate or unfortunate, but I haven't seen anything past Alone in the Dark.  After Sanctimony, Blackwoods, and House of the Dead, he seemed to be getting better.  Not good enough to be good, but good enough to not be so-bad-its-good.  He started so poorly that Tara Reid as a scientist didn't really even register to me as being that bad.  How can that be as bad as the fight scene in House of the Dead with the crazy twirling shots and the clips from the video game?

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 05:20:29 AM »
Did I ever tell you that I've got an Alone in the Dark poster signed by Mr.Boll and the two writers?

zarodinu

• Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 10:10:41 AM »
What horrible, filthy, degrading things did you do to get that?

°Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »
As Postal is getting slammed by critics and despite IMDB listing 5 titles in current or post production (inc. BloodRayne 3!!) Uwe has added 2 more titles to his list - they are "arthouse films" and one takes on the Darfur genocide. :'(

Uwe Boll Bringing "Arthouse" Pain
Posted May 23rd 2008 10:32AM by Eugene Novikov
Filed under: Deals, Celebrities and Controversy, Fandom, DIY/Filmmaking, Newsstand

I hesitated before writing this post. There's been quite a bit of Uwe Boll on this blog lately, and I share the opinion that Boll-haters have inflated the man's importance out of all proportion. Had this been a story about Boll adapting another stupid video game, I'd have let it alone, but it's at least interesting in a howling, head-clutching sort of way.

Boll is moving away from his stock-in-trade to make two films for a more limited audience. (I snickered a little as I typed that last part.) The first, called Stoic, has already wrapped and is about a 2006 incident in which three German inmates, incarcerated for minor offenses, raped and tortured a cellmate for 10 hours before inducing him to commit suicide. The film stars Edward Furlong, Sam Levinson, and Shaun Sipos, the latter of whom has a scene in which he licks his own vomit off the ground. Boll, speaking like a proud father, explains that "[w]hen the actor licks his puke off the ground, he will be seen eating it for a minute, not just a little bit." The puke Sipos consmes will be fake, but the actor did, apparently, eat a real tube of toothpaste. Though Boll hopes the film will squeak through with an R rating "for [its] social commentary," he suspects it might merit an NC-17 and have to be released unrated.
The second film, Janjaweed, will tackle the Sudan genocide, focusing on journalists who have to decide whether to stay and help victims or go back and report on what they saw. Boll will shoot that one in January. Both films had treatments but no scripts, with most of the dialogue improvised by the actors.

The Hollywood Reporter says, with thinly veiled irony, that these films are "aimed straight at the arthouse crowd." I don't want to prejudge -- oh, the hell with it. Boll is an emotional retard and no self-respecting arthouse will play his films. He plans to submit Stoic to Sundance and Berlin, where acceptance is about as likely as a 1500-screen release of Postal. Good luck man.

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 11:08:08 AM »
I went to a screening and had to watch the whole movie. After that, Uwe made fun of Tara Reid for another couple minutes and then rewarded us with a lot of promotional material. I even got a can of AITD energy drink but I'm saving it for the sequel.