So, is this only American movie years or did you just have no foreign films that you felt warranted bringing up?
Sometimes it's difficult to get the year right with those though.
- The Wizard Of Oz, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, Drums Along The Mohawk, Stagecoach, Gone With The Wind, The Rules Of The Game, Dark Victory, Ninotchka, Only Angels Have Wings, Beau Geste1971
- The French Connection, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, Duel, Dirty Harry, Klute, A Clockwork Orange, A New Leaf, The Go-Between, The Last Picture Show, Harold & Maude1984
- Ghostbusters, Beverly Hills Cop, Gremlins, The Terminator, This Is Spinal Tap, Comfort And Joy, Romancing The Stone, Blood Simple, All Of Me, Sixteen Candles1993
- True Romance, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Groundhog Day, In The Line Of Fire, A Perfect World, Searching For Bobby Fischer, The Piano, The Fugitive, Menace II Society1995
- Braveheart, The Usual Suspects, Babe, Toy Story, Heat, 12 Monkeys, Se7en, Living In Oblivion, Rob Roy, Casino
Of course, the best way to judge a year is by how great the supposedly terrible movies are:1971
- Billy Jack, The Andromeda Strain, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Two Lane Blacktop, Sweet Sweetback's Badasssss Song1984
- Bachelor Party, Cloak & Dagger, Irreconcilable Differences, Red Dawn, Starman1993
- Airborne, Army Of Darkness, Hard Target, Son In Law, Striking Distance1995
- Bad Boys, Friday, Waterworld, Billy Madison, Clueless
Doesn't really work for 1939. Or if it does, it's been lost to history. But that year can stand on its own merits anyway.