love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 709909 times)

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1200 on: October 27, 2009, 10:44:28 PM »
People who come into my restaurant 15 minutes before we close, then sit there until 30 minutes after we close then don't even leave a tip. Really? Does this seem like a polite, decent thing to do?

You want me to take them out?

:D
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #1201 on: October 28, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »
People who come into my restaurant 15 minutes before we close, then sit there until 30 minutes after we close then don't even leave a tip. Really? Does this seem like a polite, decent thing to do?

Dang! Why didn't I get this offer about my noisy neighbors.  :(
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #1202 on: October 28, 2009, 12:22:11 AM »

Yeah, and after them, that loud-mouth from Niles, too.
Texan Down Under

¡Keith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #1203 on: October 28, 2009, 12:52:16 AM »
Twihards

this some kinda metal that roujin might like?

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #1204 on: October 28, 2009, 02:14:51 AM »
Twihards

I like to think roujin would be above nutjob Twilight fans, no matter what metal they're made of.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1205 on: October 28, 2009, 07:15:09 AM »

Yeah, and after them, that loud-mouth from Niles, too.

You got it.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1206 on: October 28, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
Twihards

I like to think roujin would be above nutjob Twilight fans, no matter what metal they're made of.

You live long enough you see the full arcs of many social phenoneomns go by. Break dancing, skinny ties, Harry Potter, Obama mania, ....Right on queue there is a universal hatred of Twilight Fans.  A harmless, vacuous, somewhat wholesome set of books by a mormon (dear god no!) is loved by millions of young ladies and their Moms. Everyone relax.  This will pass.   Let them have their movies, tiger beat magazines and posters.  And if you think about it, these are our movie geeks a decade from now.  Twillight is as good a gateway drug as Star Wars, The Matrix and LOTR.

If you think about it this only helps the Jonas Brothers arc finish up faster.  And this is a good thing.  And heck there may even be a decent movie that'll come out of one of these sequels.  (No I'm serious.  I hear Harry Potter and the Goblet of the Half-blood Pheonix was actually pretty decent).  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:44:14 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #1207 on: October 28, 2009, 10:53:23 AM »
Twihards

You live long enough you see the full arcs of many social phenoneomns go by. Break dancing, skinny ties, Harry Potter, Obama mania, ....Right on queue there is a universal hatred of Twilight Fans.  A harmless, vacuous, somewhat wholesome set of books by a mormon (dear god no!) is loved by millions of young ladies and their Moms. Everyone relax.  This will pass.   Let them have their movies, tiger beat magazines and posters.  And if you think about it, these are our movie geeks a decade from now.  Twillight is as good a gateway drug as Star Wars, The Matrix and LOTR.

If you think about it this only helps the Jonas Brothers arc finish up faster.  And this is a good thing.  And heck there may even be a decent movie that'll come out of one of these sequels.  (No I'm serious.  I hear Harry Potter and the Goblet of the Half-blood Pheonix was actually pretty decent).  

Ferris, I really love this post. *hug*
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1208 on: October 28, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »
Twihards

I hope you're right. It seems like a fervour, but then again I wasn't old enough to see the Potter fervour, nor any other one.

and the new movie looks better then the first (due to Michael Sheen) but I disagree with your point about entry rug, because unlike the matrix, star Wars and LOTR, Twilight is an awful film, and worse, pointlessly dull. The camerawork is dull, the acting is dull, the editing..is dull. It's not going to show twihards the way film can be made because it's so formulaic and dullllll...

I hope one of these days Twilight movies get it's drinking of the goblet sequence(beautiful sequence in HP 6) but until then, I have no optimism.

I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #1209 on: October 28, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »
Comparing Twilight to Harry Potter or Twihards to Potterphiles offends me.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

love