love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710297 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1900 on: December 21, 2009, 01:34:43 AM »
I kinda like that one. It's more movie association than anything else. The "better" part only narrows the field a bit.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1901 on: December 21, 2009, 03:57:28 AM »
On this topic, people who post movie in the better movies thread without having seen them
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #1902 on: December 21, 2009, 04:04:16 AM »
The name a better movie thread.

You mean the Name Another Movie thread?

No the name a better movie thread where they just name a movie they think is better than the one previously posted with no discussion or context. It feels like it demeans the whole point of the board. Others seem to like it though which is cool. Just not my cup of tea. I like a good debate.  ;D

Corndog.

Oh no, what'd I do?

My failed attempt to start a "Name A Better Poster" thread.

Controversy!
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #1903 on: December 21, 2009, 05:05:08 AM »
The name a better movie thread.

You mean the Name Another Movie thread?

No the name a better movie thread where they just name a movie they think is better than the one previously posted with no discussion or context. It feels like it demeans the whole point of the board. Others seem to like it though which is cool. Just not my cup of tea. I like a good debate.  ;D

Corndog.

Oh no, what'd I do?

My failed attempt to start a "Name A Better Poster" thread.

Controversy!

By the way, I don't actually think Corndog is a better poster than Clovis. I just picked at random.

You are all equal to me. Except for jbissell. He rocks the shit better than most of you.
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1904 on: December 21, 2009, 09:44:08 AM »
'Till.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1905 on: December 21, 2009, 09:47:09 AM »
SportsCenter anchors talking about their fantasy football teams during all of these highlights. Like I enjoy talking about fantasy with the people in my league, and even other friends who also play and like to compare teams, but I don't need to hear these guys go back and forth about which anchor made it to the finals and whatever else. Goodness.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1906 on: December 21, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »
SportsCenter anchors talking about their fantasy football teams during all of these highlights. Like I enjoy talking about fantasy with the people in my league, and even other friends who also play and like to compare teams, but I don't need to hear these guys go back and forth about which anchor made it to the finals and whatever else. Goodness.

Yeah...this
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
« Reply #1907 on: December 21, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »

I am sure this would bother me if I watched pregame but most of the time I am watching the Bills game on Tivo 3 hours after it is over. I don't think I have watched pre-game besides opening day in years. Sunday seems to be loaded family stuff most of the time.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1908 on: December 21, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »
Brett Favre...grow up 40 year-old baby
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #1909 on: December 21, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
Songs with beeps that make me look for new text messages that aren't there.

Also, the fact that I miss duder after just a few days.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad