Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710113 times)

flieger

Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2180 on: January 18, 2010, 12:01:58 AM »
That I actually got upset about a stupid award show filled with people I don't care about and run by people I couldn't care less about.

Homer: Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks?

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2181 on: January 18, 2010, 09:12:15 AM »
That I actually got upset about a stupid award show filled with people I don't care about and run by people I couldn't care less about.

Homer: Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks?

Heh - I really lol'd at that. Out loud.
Hey, nice marmot!

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2182 on: January 18, 2010, 09:18:17 AM »

hehe join the club.

But we are people who are passionate about film so really why would someone who spends so much time on a board like this not get worked up about it. :D

Plus, bitching about it is half the fun.
Tis true. I guess it annoys me more that it's a chance to expose deserving films to more people  and yet all that won were films everyone had already seen.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2183 on: January 18, 2010, 09:21:30 AM »

hehe join the club.

But we are people who are passionate about film so really why would someone who spends so much time on a board like this not get worked up about it. :D

Plus, bitching about it is half the fun.
Tis true. I guess it annoys me more that it's a chance to expose deserving films to more people  and yet all that won were films everyone had already seen.

To be fair, in many of the categories, especially the big ones, the most deserving nominees did win.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #2184 on: January 18, 2010, 03:38:59 PM »
Realizing the you've spent the last 3 hours doing an assignment incorrectly.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #2185 on: January 18, 2010, 03:57:48 PM »
Realizing the you've spent the last 3 hours doing an assignment incorrectly.
Ouch.  :(

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #2186 on: January 18, 2010, 11:52:17 PM »
If you lived in a house full of boys and your Dad was gone all the time or emotionally absent from your life, chances are he was plunging a toilet somewhere in the house.

AAAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRRR!  Low flow is one of low points in the history of liberalism

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:10:09 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #2187 on: January 20, 2010, 11:37:30 PM »
If you lived in a house full of boys and your Dad was gone all the time or emotionally absent from your life, chances are he was plunging a toilet somewhere in the house.

AAAAAAAHHHHHRRRRRRR!  Low flow is one of low points in the history of liberalism

I've worked the schematics before, and while I'm neither a plumber nor engineer, I'm confident that I've proven that a low flow could easily function with a double-wide outtake passage, making the whole country happier.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #2188 on: January 20, 2010, 11:44:20 PM »

I've worked the schematics before, and while I'm neither a plumber nor engineer, I'm confident that I've proven that a low flow could easily function with a double-wide outtake passage, making the whole country happier.

At this point I'm willing to give anything a .....wait....hold on.....duty calls again.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2189 on: January 21, 2010, 11:19:07 AM »
Babies, specifically calling babies 16 months or something. After 12 months they are a year old. I don't call myself 245 months old, no I call myself 20 years old. Grow up, people!

love