Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 391876 times)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2230 on: January 23, 2010, 10:57:43 AM »
nbc.com's hatred of Canadians.
Goes both ways buddy. How will I ever live without George Stroumboulopoulos?

I find him insanely boring as an interviewer.
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2231 on: January 23, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »
Typos on big news-pages, in headlines especially. It takes away so much credibility.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

pixote

• Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #2232 on: January 23, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »
The battery life my cell phone wastes in repeatedly telling my that my battery life is low.

pixote
I think I'd love how awkward it'd be, or how awkward it should be.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #2233 on: January 23, 2010, 05:25:32 PM »
Typos on big news-pages, in headlines especially. It takes away so much credibility.

Oh, man, I hate that too.  It makes it look like amateur hour.  The Atlanta paper has gotten so bad about that.  I guess that's what happens when you lay off most of your staff.

Also:  when they let something go out on the web with a headline that reads something like "We need a headline here" or a photo caption that says "caption goes here".  And don't notice for hours.

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #2234 on: January 23, 2010, 07:25:15 PM »

Oh, man, I hate that too.  It makes it look like amateur hour.  The Atlanta paper has gotten so bad about that.  I guess that's what happens when you lay off most of your staff.

Also:  when they let something go out on the web with a headline that reads something like "We need a headline here" or a photo caption that says "caption goes here".  And don't notice for hours.

But what would Leno do without typos?

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #2235 on: January 23, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »

Not have high ratings, and thus not pose a threat to Conan's Tonight Show. Oh well...
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #2236 on: January 23, 2010, 07:46:56 PM »

Not have high ratings, and thus not pose a threat to Conan's Tonight Show. Oh well...

We forgot about dumb people! Jaywalking!

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #2237 on: January 23, 2010, 07:47:27 PM »
Well, those will always exist. Conan never stood a chance.

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
« Reply #2238 on: January 23, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
Well, those will always exist. Conan never stood a chance.

Conan, with all his low brow material, doesn't play to dumb people. That's because even his low brow humour comes through in absurdity, and a lot of people simply do not understand absurdity.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #2239 on: January 23, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »

We forgot about dumb people! Jaywalking!

Oh, so funny "headlines" that are written by other people and not Leno and dumb people on the street that say funnythings that Jay Leno doesn't say?
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."