Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 709971 times)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2430 on: February 17, 2010, 12:54:38 AM »
You could just not watch any of it. Like me.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2431 on: February 17, 2010, 12:56:47 AM »
It's way to late for that.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #2432 on: February 17, 2010, 04:43:25 AM »
I like to pretend that cupboard doors keep all the dust off my plates and stuff.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #2433 on: February 17, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »
Squeals of static and officers' voices that sounds autotuned on my police radio.  Annoying enough when I was in detectives and the radio sat on my desk or on a belt clip but now that I'm wearing my uniform every day, the mike (and speaker) is on my shoulder next to my ear and the bursts of static (which we were told would be a thing of the past after our new umpty-zillion dollar digital radio upgrade for the entire metro area - ha!) are really making me grit my teeth. No wonder I've been having headaches.

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #2434 on: February 17, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »
Cupboard doors. Get the hell out of my way!

I'm not ashamed of my dishes or foodstuffs and see no reason to hide them behind decorative wooden flaps. A bloody nuisance is what they are.

what about one's with glass?
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2435 on: February 17, 2010, 12:31:26 PM »
It's the act of having to open and close tham that annoys me. They're In the way when they're open and in the way when they're closed. And for what? What practical purpose do they serve? Maybe they keep dust off and keep stuff from falling out... maybe. It doesn't seem justified even if that's the case.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #2436 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »
That's why I like our Ikea cabinets, the doors go up like a garage door.  Very satisfying.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #2437 on: February 17, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »
That's why I like our Ikea cabinets, the doors go up like a garage door.  Very satisfying.

Do you have those high ones that you need a ladder to reach after they're opened?

joker

• Elite Member
  • CINECAST! off
« Reply #2438 on: February 17, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »
People that decide that farting anywhere is fine... everyone does it... but go into the bathroom or open aired place where no one is at.  I don't need to smell your dinner......
"This movie made me laugh so hard, I had mild headaches. So I went to the doctor to get checked out, I'm currently awaiting results"
-Gene Siskel

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #2439 on: February 17, 2010, 04:57:38 PM »

Do you have those high ones that you need a ladder to reach after they're opened?

Ours (we only have one upper cabinet--it's a SMALL kitchen) is back in a corner over an angled corner counter so to get to the little used stuff we have a step ladder, but if you don't stack the cabinets 2 high, they would be perfectly reasonable.  Here's a pic I found with cabinets similar to ours:

We only have one layer(one 2 shelf cabinet) not two like they have here.