Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710211 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #3280 on: July 06, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »
Or BBQ. I can't eat BBQ outside of Texas. It's nasty.

:-\ Someone needs to go walkin in Memphis.
I did. It wasn't that good.

Well, it might be "all good" but it's not Texas bbq.  (Although Rudy's has franchised and is spreading across the US. It's Texas bbq and it's very good.)

Memphis bbq is pork.  Texas bbq is beef, so better.
This. Beef cannot be beat.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #3281 on: July 06, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »
Memphis bbq is pork.  Texas bbq is beef, so better.
This. Beef cannot be beat.

I don't see anyone pulling bacon off of a cow.

Meh. I prefer bbq pig. It is what I prefer. But, if you do not prefer bbq pig, I can see how Southern-style bbq would not be for you. More ribs for me!

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #3282 on: July 06, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »
State with the worst bbq?

North Carolina

Not only is it pork; it's shredded pork...think "already chewed" and you have a good idea of what that's like.  I nearly gagged.
Texan Down Under

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
« Reply #3283 on: July 06, 2010, 10:33:55 PM »

North Carolina

Not only is it pork; it's shredded pork...think "already chewed" and you have a good idea of what that's like.  I nearly gagged.

And then you put it between a nice bun with a mustard-based Carolina bbq sauce and coleslaw!!! YUM FOREVER.

I love when shredded pork is served in a vat. In Atlanta, many bbq places serve wings, pulled pork, & coleslaw platters, and I miss it. I miss it. I miss it.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #3284 on: July 06, 2010, 10:39:15 PM »

North Carolina

so Cuban is a no for you then?

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #3285 on: July 06, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
I precede my Cuban meal with several Cuba Libres making the experience totally enjoyable (and mildly forgettable).
Texan Down Under

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #3286 on: July 06, 2010, 10:44:31 PM »
 :D

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #3287 on: July 06, 2010, 11:54:40 PM »

North Carolina

Its the one thing I miss about living in North Carolina is the shredded BBQ pork and hush puppies.  And maybe Chick'Fil'a.  I agree with Tiny, BBQ should be PORK.  When I want steak then I will eat beef. 
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #3288 on: July 06, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »
I'm from California and moved to Portland.  And although there didn't used to be good Mexican food, now there is.  You just have to know which rock to look under.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
« Reply #3289 on: July 07, 2010, 12:17:13 AM »

North Carolina

Its the one thing I miss about living in North Carolina is the shredded BBQ pork and hush puppies.  And maybe Chick'Fil'a.  I agree with Tiny, BBQ should be PORK.  When I want steak then I will eat beef. 

jdc, the fact that you just dropped Chick-fil-a into this conversation proves that you know what's up. And hush puppies. Damn, yo. I could not agree more with everything you just said. Steak. Steak. Medium rare to rare, depending on whether the person manning the grill is stupid.

Pet peeve: ordering steak medium rare and getting it back well. That's not even a pet peeve. And I lack the contrarian ability to send food back unless there are visible pubes. Give me real steak or I am taking my money to France!