love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710268 times)

FroHam X

• Objectively Awesome
  • “By any seeds necessary.”
    • justAtad
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
I hate being told what to do.

You strike me as that kind of person.
"We didn't clean the hamster's cage, the hamster's cage cleaned us!"

Can't get enough FroHam? Read more of my musings at justAtad

Mandrake

• Elite Member
  • Do you pick your toes in Poughkeepsie?
    • Nat's Media Rap
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2008, 05:43:59 PM »
Miracle Whip

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2008, 05:51:44 PM »

If that's a new design for the five dollar note then YEUCHH!!!

Marbe

• Elite Member
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
I hate being told what to do.

I order you not to watch T2 right now.  :)

Now I have to watch T1, T2, T3 (grit my teeth), all the epsiodes of Sarah Jane Chronicles, and hop in my dolorean to see T4.

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
My God, the US once had one of the most attractive currencies in the world. Alas, no longer.

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2008, 12:47:59 PM »
My God, the US once had one of the most attractive currencies in the world. Alas, no longer.

nope they startin' to look like everyone elses. (stupid purple and peach)  I blame North Korea.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »
when people rant about a film being brilliant or sucky while closing down the possibility for other opinions.

(and yes, i'm possibly guilty of writing stuff that seems like that, though i always try to frame it as my take, and if i ever do do it, i will concede that, of course, it is all a matter of opinion :)
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

Wowser

• Elite Member
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2008, 01:37:01 PM »

nope they startin' to look like everyone elses. (stupid purple and peach)  I blame North Korea.

Well, they should at least have gone the whole hog and redesigned the whole note. Just having the purple 5 looks really out of place. It must be to do with some security issue, as aesthetically it is gross.

Think_Long

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »

Well, they should at least have gone the whole hog and redesigned the whole note. Just having the purple 5 looks really out of place. It must be to do with some security issue, as aesthetically it is gross.

definitely a security thing. i think that purple in particular is extremely hard to replicate with the tracers they put in it . . . or something. i could be full of crap.

isn't the mint going to have to reissue currency again though due to the lawsuit brought by people with sight disabilities?

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2008, 09:29:11 PM »

definitely a security thing. i think that purple in particular is extremely hard to replicate with the tracers they put in it . . . or something. i could be full of crap.

isn't the mint going to have to reissue currency again though due to the lawsuit brought by people with sight disabilities?

yep... adding colors makes it more difficult to counterfeit
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

love