Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710313 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #810 on: August 26, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »
redband trailers and unrated versions

Both are created for the sole purpose of getting people talking, and the strategy works in both cases.
Do people talk when they're aroused, cause I'm pretty sure that's an alternate purpose for 13 year olds.

I just had a conversation with a friend on Facebook about this last week.  We agreed that it's silly but we still perk up when we see redbands at the beginning of trailers, like, oooh, we are going to see something naughty!

I pay an extra level of attention if only to notice what in particular made this a redband trailer.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #811 on: August 26, 2009, 01:42:51 PM »

Both are created for the sole purpose of getting people talking, and the strategy works in both cases.
Do people talk when they're aroused, cause I'm pretty sure that's an alternate purpose for 13 year olds.
If one has trouble speaking while aroused, I would suggest a beta blocker or blood thinner for that person.

If one chooses not to speak while aroused, in my opinion, that person is missing out. There's something delightful about a chatty arousal.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #812 on: August 26, 2009, 01:51:30 PM »

If one has trouble speaking while aroused, I would suggest a beta blocker or blood thinner for that person.

If one chooses not to speak while aroused, in my opinion, that person is missing out. There's something delightful about a chatty arousal.

Some thoughts indeed I need to comtemplate for the "what I learned today thread". 
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #813 on: August 27, 2009, 11:56:46 AM »
When the boards eat one of your posts you've been writing, because you acidently press back or forward or refresh or some such thing.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #814 on: August 27, 2009, 12:14:53 PM »
When the boards eat one of your posts you've been writing, because you acidently press back or forward or refresh or some such thing.

That happened to me yesterday, except it was facebook, I accidentally pressed an ad, and it was an insanely long post.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #815 on: August 27, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »
If I know it's going to be a long complicated post I usually do it up in google docs first (which has autosave), but I get lazy sometimes and pay for it.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #816 on: August 27, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »
Jeff Goldsmith really loves the sound of his own voice.
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #817 on: August 27, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
If I know it's going to be a long complicated post I usually do it up in google docs first (which has autosave), but I get lazy sometimes and pay for it.

I do this also.

Mr. Hutchinson

• I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
« Reply #818 on: August 27, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
Brickbreaker glitches

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #819 on: August 27, 2009, 10:51:12 PM »
I just had a conversation with a friend on Facebook about this last week.  We agreed that it's silly but we still perk up when we see redbands at the beginning of trailers, like, oooh, we are going to see something naughty!

I pay an extra level of attention if only to notice what in particular made this a redband trailer.

The Zombieland regular trailer surprised me at how gory it was. I don't know what they would put in the redband to make it worse.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

love