Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710084 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #940 on: September 16, 2009, 12:59:51 AM »

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #941 on: September 16, 2009, 01:05:04 AM »
I've been using it for about a week now.  I like it so far.
Sometimes when I try to download software (like WinZip) it blocks me and tells me I need administration privileges. Which is annoying 'cause I'm on the only user and I own the darn thing. Also I'm having a heck of a time making CDs and DVDs, like things that were simple with earlier versions.

I should have got a Mac.
TRAITOR!
:)
Just kidding, not that I have any allegiance to PC, but I do have a severe Mac anxiety. "No right click?!"
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #942 on: September 16, 2009, 01:08:08 AM »
I've been using it for about a week now.  I like it so far.
Sometimes when I try to download software (like WinZip) it blocks me and tells me I need administration privileges. Which is annoying 'cause I'm on the only user and I own the darn thing. Also I'm having a heck of a time making CDs and DVDs, like things that were simple with earlier versions.

I should have got a Mac.
TRAITOR!
Just kidding, not that I have any allegiance to PC, but I do have a severe Mac anxiety. "No right click?!"

turn off UAC now

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #943 on: September 16, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »
I'd just use sudo.

(anyone?)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #944 on: September 16, 2009, 01:11:10 AM »
I'd just use sudo.

(anyone?)

Unix nerd ITT.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #945 on: September 16, 2009, 01:13:30 AM »
Woot!

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #946 on: September 16, 2009, 01:14:06 AM »
turn off UAC now
Thanks, that's much handier than the way I've been doing it.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #947 on: September 16, 2009, 01:14:42 AM »
Two penises touching.  Unless it's like a macho locker room hard-on contest and there's no other measuring devices available.

pixote

At first, I thought this said 2 pennies touching. I'm sure that is someone's pet peeve. Maybe homophobic pet peeve. 2 Abe Lincoln's kissing? Not according to my beliefs, lowest form of currency.
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #948 on: September 16, 2009, 03:20:44 AM »
I've been using it for about a week now.  I like it so far.

I should have got a Mac.
TRAITOR!
Uh, we have right click. Have for some time. Trust me, it is so easy to go from PC to Mac. It's going the other way that's hard.

Emiliana

• Elite Member
  • Life is a Cabaret!
« Reply #949 on: September 16, 2009, 03:34:30 AM »
When I stop paying attention to current affairs.

Like Mononoke, I too hate it when Emiliana stops paying attention to world affairs.  Just gets under my skin, you know?  Pay attention, girl!

pixote

;D

I am currently addressing this issue: they conveniently scheduled a three-hour election special tonight.

Don't you know you're supposed to just pick a party based on 1 or 2 trigger issues and always blindly vote for the member of that party every time? 

Aaaaah, so that's how you do it?!?! I was going to go with the guy who had halfway decent discussion manners and weird-yet-awesome whiskers...

But seriously, I watched a good debate yesterday, and found out that I apparently hadn't missed that much. I am now 90% sure who to vote for, and I have a new least favourite politician, so that was fun, too.