love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710111 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1010 on: September 23, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »
People who don't put their car lights on when it's raining.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1011 on: September 23, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »

You mean when they're driving, or just anytime it's raining? :P

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1012 on: September 23, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »

Those driving on the road while it's raining.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1013 on: September 23, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »

Those driving on the road while it's raining.

yeah.  that's a pretty good one. 

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #1014 on: September 24, 2009, 02:50:36 PM »
Smug stay-at-home moms.

(And many of my Facebook "friends" fall under that designation, so a glance at Facebook = grumpy oad. Grrrr.)

Examples of postings in Facebook's "What's on your mind?":
"Yummy recipes over at my blog! [insert link]" - (sub-text: "I'm an amazing cook and these are the amazing things I make for my family. Yay me!")

"Fish tacos. A little wine. Apple crisp. Great neighbors to share it all with." - (sub-text: "Not only am I a fantastic, sophistocated cook, I also invite my neighbors who congratulate me on what I make. Yay me!")

"Sittin' around the kitchen with my boys, drinking Bellewood Acres apple cider. Yum." - (sub-text: "I'm a mom who spends quality time with her kids - we even go on outings to apple orchards and drink local cider, so I'm good about sustainable connections, too. Yay me!)

"First pony. [insert pic of infant with tiny ponytail on her head]" - (sub-text: "I have the cutest kid EVER! Yay me!"

"Burnt my butter, zit refuses to be disguised... but I've got my little family, it's a sunny FALL day, I have a cute-ish outfit on. All is well!" (sub-text: I'm really a very modest person - I admit my faults to everyone. Also, I'm a thankful person and I'm cute. Yay me!)

"The realtor just left - he told me I was a good housekeeper...... bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!" (sub-text: "My house could be on the cover of House Beautiful. Yay me!")

Sigh. This woman is really very nice in person. I don't know. I guess Facebook just nurtures narcissism. Or else, it nurtures my cynical nature. Ha.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1015 on: September 24, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »
I guess this is me banging the same 1 note on different threads over and over.

Pet peeve of the day is learning that people don't play fair with the Movie Dictator Club.  They only watch the film dictated to them if they choose to, meanwhile they continuing to dictate to others every month.  It should really be a 2-way street out of fairness to others in the Club.

...and I should let it go, but it's highly unfair and I haven't gotten it out of my system.  So I've decided to rant and rave today and then go silent about it.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1016 on: September 24, 2009, 03:05:41 PM »

Pet peeve of the day is learning that people don't play fair with the Movie Dictator Club.  They only watch the film dictated to them if they choose to, meanwhile they continuing to dictate to others every month.  It should really be a 2-way street out of fairness to others in the Club.

...and I should let it go, but it's highly unfair and I haven't gotten it out of my system.  So I've decided to rant and rave today and then go silent about it.

Understandable. It takes me a while, but I usually get to my dictations in a month. I got through JD in a timely manner, so I feel like I can do just about any match up.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1017 on: September 24, 2009, 03:41:59 PM »

;D

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1018 on: September 24, 2009, 03:54:58 PM »

Maybe November should be "Catchup month"  You can't play in December unless you're all caugh up - reviews and all

"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1019 on: September 24, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »

Maybe November should be "Catchup month"  You can't play in December unless you're all caugh up - reviews and all

I think that's a pretty reasonable suggestion.

I don't enjoy harping on it, I just happen to really enjoy the mdc and want to see it work. And when you haven't seen a verdict since February it gets a little disheartening.  :(