Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 709964 times)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1100 on: October 06, 2009, 05:36:58 PM »
people who claim Micheal Moore "lies" or "plays fast a loose with the truth" without a shred of evidence to back it up. As if wishing makes it so.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #1101 on: October 06, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
people who claim Micheal Moore "lies" or "plays fast a loose with the truth" without a shred of evidence to back it up. As if wishing makes it so.

Wasn't there a whole documentary on the subject("Manufacturing Dissent")? I haven't seen it, and I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but it's not like people haven't tried to back their arguments up.
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1102 on: October 06, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »

Wasn't there a whole documentary on the subject("Manufacturing Dissent")? I haven't seen it, and I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but it's not like people haven't tried to back their arguments up.

I have seen it. It is ok but 95% of the complaints are differences of opinion. The other 5% are errors he has made in citing, all of which he acknowledged on his own website long before the film.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 05:47:04 PM by Clovis8 »

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1103 on: October 06, 2009, 05:45:34 PM »
Well, he does hate America.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #1104 on: October 06, 2009, 05:46:27 PM »
I also love the way his right wing critics seem to think calling him "fat" and a slob are valid criticisms.

Especially rich coming from people like Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity and Rush, none of whom are exactly svelte.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1105 on: October 06, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #1106 on: October 06, 2009, 05:47:37 PM »
False alarms. Of any kind, but those of the bowels in particular.
A$AP Fables

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1107 on: October 06, 2009, 05:48:48 PM »

It's been backed up plenty of times by all kinds of different people. We just choose to go about our business quietly, thus our voices are drowned out compared to that of the liar in question.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1108 on: October 06, 2009, 05:50:33 PM »
False alarms. Of any kind, but those of the bowels in particular.
I've been there.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1109 on: October 06, 2009, 05:51:55 PM »

It's been backed up plenty of times by all kinds of different people. We just choose to go about our business quietly, thus our voices are drowned out compared to that of the liar in question.

Well actually it hasnt, but I am not going to get into a big fight. He has made some minor errors which he admits (as has every single documentarian ever). The bulk of his films have never been shown to be anything but 100% based on fact.