love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710052 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1180 on: October 22, 2009, 07:23:55 AM »
When Netflix puts foreign titles on instant watch in the dubbed format instead of with subtitles.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1181 on: October 22, 2009, 10:17:31 AM »
Continuing the Netflix theme, when for no reason whatsoever they skip over the two films at the top of my queue and send the two after that. I'd like to finish my horror month marathon, and skipping over the last two horror movies I need to watch doesn't help my plans.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1182 on: October 22, 2009, 10:19:53 AM »
Continuing the Netflix theme, when for no reason whatsoever they skip over the two films at the top of my queue and send the two after that. I'd like to finish my horror month marathon, and skipping over the last two horror movies I need to watch doesn't help my plans.

hmmm...I've never had that happen
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1183 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:30 AM »

hmmm...I've never had that happen

I've had it happen to me when the film at the top of my queue has a long wait. Nightmare on Elm Street does have a long wait, but Dead Alive doesn't, so that one at least should have been shipped. Instead they skipped both of them and sent me Oldboy and Human Condition: Disc 1. Both movies I want to watch, but this doesn't gel with my marathon schedule.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1184 on: October 22, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »
Sometimes it's short wait the day before so then it becomes available the day it ships after they already readied your next two. Had that happen several times.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1185 on: October 23, 2009, 01:50:34 PM »

I hate this. dont have netflix, but the service I use has a three column system, high medium and low, and they'll send a movie from the low even though I have one in the high multiple times.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1186 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:05 PM »
the last couple of times netflix has sent mine from another distribution center and I get the next available one and an extra dvd like 3-5 days from when I should have gotten it.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1187 on: October 23, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »
Netflix continues to irk me, turns out the disc they sent me of The Human Condition stops playing around the hour and a half mark. I had planned on watching it and Oldboy tonight so I could get both off in the mail tomorrow and make sure I got my last two horror DVDs from them before the end of next week. Now, I'll have to wait till Monday to get the new copy of The Human Condition and because Nightmare On Elm Street is a long wait I probably won't get it until Friday or Saturday and that royally screws up all my scheduling.

facedad

• Objectively Awesome
  • World Phucking Champions.
    • Be my netflix friend
« Reply #1188 on: October 23, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
Netflix continues to irk me, turns out the disc they sent me of The Human Condition stops playing around the hour and a half mark. I had planned on watching it and Oldboy tonight so I could get both off in the mail tomorrow and make sure I got my last two horror DVDs from them before the end of next week. Now, I'll have to wait till Monday to get the new copy of The Human Condition and because Nightmare On Elm Street is a long wait I probably won't get it until Friday or Saturday and that royally screws up all my scheduling.
Just go to a used resaler, I'm sure you'll find a copy of Nightmare for less than $5.
You're just jealous! Nobody loves you because you're tiny and made of meat!

https://twitter.com/thefaceboy

http://www.thereelists.com

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1189 on: October 23, 2009, 04:42:18 PM »

that has also happened to me on many an occasion. Although I think it may be my apple's fault and not Screenclick's.
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.