Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 709879 times)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1320 on: November 06, 2009, 09:30:40 PM »
People who give their dog non-dog names. "Cool dog, what's his name?"    "Mark." Instantly no longer a cool dog. It could be a frisbee catching, life saving, German Shepard. Call the dog Paul and it is no longer cool.

Well we didn't name Sammy and Tyler, they came from rescue with those names, and it was a little late in life to change them.  Especially Sammy, he was 7 and had had previous owners who called him that.

The only dog we named ourselves is Joey, full name Joey Pants because that actor's nickname cracks me up and it fits her.

Basil

• Godfather
  • Entrepreneur, spiritualist, healer.
« Reply #1321 on: November 06, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »
My dog is named Billy Joel. Does that qualify?
A$AP Fables

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1322 on: November 06, 2009, 10:43:58 PM »
My dog is named Billy Joel. Does that qualify?

My dog is named Dodger after the role Billy Joel played in "Oliver and Company"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:11:15 AM by ferris »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

edgar00

• 00 Agent
  • Objectively Awesome
  • corndogs are better than Die Another Day
    • Between The Seats
« Reply #1323 on: November 07, 2009, 10:36:59 AM »
The manner in which domestic DVD releases of foreign films is handled. Always expensive and it's often a bare-bones disc (Criterion Collection notwithstanding).
-Le Chiffre: You changed your shirt, Mr Bond. I hope our little game isn't causing you to perspire.

-James Bond: A little. But I won't consider myself to be in trouble until I start weeping blood.

https://twitter.com/Betweentheseats
http://crabkeyheadquarters.wordpress.com/

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1324 on: November 07, 2009, 01:48:55 PM »
The manner in which domestic DVD releases of foreign films is handled. Always expensive and it's often a bare-bones disc (Criterion Collection notwithstanding).

Not really related, but are you anti-French only cover editions, or is that only certain Canadians?

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #1325 on: November 07, 2009, 02:05:57 PM »

Not really related, but are you anti-French only cover editions, or is that only certain Canadians?

If he lives in Quebec, I'm not sure "Breathless" and "Elevator To The Gallows" Criterion DVD's, for instance, can be sold there. Maybe edgar can correct me?
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1326 on: November 07, 2009, 06:58:31 PM »
when I think of a really good pet peave but then forget it by the time I get back online
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1327 on: November 08, 2009, 02:01:04 AM »
The penis game.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1328 on: November 08, 2009, 08:59:44 AM »
when a top 5 team's highlight shows up super late in a sportscenter show, I just wanna see it and go to bed guys.

Also, when I see a highlight and they only show one team's plays, even if they didn't blow out the other team, a la the Lakers highlight I saw the other night. Why do I call it just "The Lakers Highlight"? Well because I don't even know who they played.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1329 on: November 08, 2009, 09:02:11 AM »
when a top 5 team's highlight shows up super late in a sportscenter show, I just wanna see it and go to bed guys.

Also, when I see a highlight and they only show one team's plays, even if they didn't blow out the other team, a la the Lakers highlight I saw the other night. Why do I call it just "The Lakers Highlight"? Well because I don't even know who they played.

Yes, the Texans have this problem as well. Even when we win big they usually lead and predominantly feature the other team's highlights. We need to win way big to get much highlight respect.