Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 709914 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1430 on: November 16, 2009, 01:46:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure I hate the recent changes to IMDb.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1431 on: November 16, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »

pixote

agreed
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #1432 on: November 16, 2009, 01:50:19 PM »

pixote

Are you speaking of the ads that come out of nowhere and take up half the page?

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1433 on: November 16, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »
Wind.

I was out doing an excavation yesterday and the wind caught the door of my car and almost ripped it off the hinges, bending it back and smashing the quarter panel! It was insane! I had to drive home for 40 minutes holding the door closed.

Lucky it was a rental!

UberGeekyGirl

• Elite Member
« Reply #1434 on: November 16, 2009, 01:54:06 PM »
Kimble, how do I get your kids? I don't recall my children doing any sort of chore without a 15 minute debate about it first.
You have to reason with them. If you make good arguments they can be convinced. Naw, I don't have kids but even I know that's not how it works. I have a plan in case my girl ever catches a parasite. Every day I will re-enact Caesar's (Joe Pantoliano) speech to Violet (Jennifer Tilly) for my kid:

CAESAR
You ungrateful bitch!  You had nothing before I met you.  You were nothing!

He stomps around the room.

CAESAR
Who gave you this place?  This apartment?

He throws open the closet.

CAESAR
Who gave us all of this?  I did!  I gave you everything!  I gave you this life!  I made you, (insert name of the kid here).

LOL
"Sometimes it's only madness that makes us what we are." - Batman

OmNom

• Elite Member
  • They mostly come at night. Mostly.
« Reply #1435 on: November 16, 2009, 01:55:09 PM »
Tip jars.  >:(  Ya know, those little jars on the counter where you're supposed to put in a buck or two.

I don't mind that the barrista at the little coffee kiosk on the corner has one.  That's fine.  But lately everyone seems to have one out.  Went in to a bakery, a chain where I know they pay the workers well and the benefits are good, and there was another tip jar.  Grr. 

I'm gonna start carrying around my own tip jar.  Want anything?  The time, directions, a sandwich?  Pony up.
The answers you seek are in Norway.

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1436 on: November 16, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »
The people who sit on the bus in the seat closest to the aisle without anyone in the other seat, and then look at you weird when you ask to sit down.  Along the same lines people who ride standing by the doors on the train making it impossible to get on and off.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #1437 on: November 16, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »
The people who sit on the bus in the seat closest to the aisle without anyone in the other seat, and then look at you weird when you ask to sit down [...]
I used to sit next to the person who I imagined would be the most annoyed by someone squeezing by. These people think they can be dicks and cut the amount of seats on a bus in half? Screw that. I'm a much bigger dick, move over or get ready for some squeezing.
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1438 on: November 16, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »
The people who sit on the bus in the seat closest to the aisle without anyone in the other seat, and then look at you weird when you ask to sit down [...]
I used to sit next to the person who I imagined would be the most annoyed by someone squeezing by. These people think they can be dicks and cut the amount of seats on a bus in half? Screw that. I'm a much bigger dick, move over or get ready for some squeezing.

exactly! Especially since the bus in the morning runs out of both seats and standing room for about 5 blocks before the first major disembarkment. It is the same idea for me as the train, if there isn't even room for more people to stand and you are blocking a seat... growl. I sometimes think I should go back to driving to work, but then I remember all the miles I'm not putting on my car.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1439 on: November 16, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »
The people who sit on the bus in the seat closest to the aisle without anyone in the other seat, and then look at you weird when you ask to sit down.  Along the same lines people who ride standing by the doors on the train making it impossible to get on and off.
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Sincerely,
matt the transit rider
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

love