Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710027 times)

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1800 on: December 13, 2009, 06:24:36 PM »
When you discover a tiny papercut on your thumb by grabbing a handful of corn chips from a bag.

ouch!

I always discover it during the summer by getting a papercut full of old bay

Mmmmm, Spicy Paper Cut...
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1801 on: December 13, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
When you discover a tiny papercut on your thumb by grabbing a handful of corn chips from a bag.

ouch!

my response is a lot more emphatic then that... usually involving large series of swear words organized in a way guaranteed to have gotten me grounded when I was a kid
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Holly Harry

• Elite Member
  • Bite my shiny metal...Well, you know.
« Reply #1802 on: December 13, 2009, 06:31:57 PM »

ouch!

my response is a lot more emphatic then that... usually involving large series of swear words organized in a way guaranteed to have gotten me grounded when I was a kid

Were you eating crabs at the time? Was the crab not dead or something?
"Political questions, if you go back thousands of years, are ephemeral, not important. History is the same thing over and over again."-Woody Allen.

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1803 on: December 13, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »

ouch!

Were you eating crabs at the time? Was the crab not dead or something?

eating crabs at the time... with the last "paper" cut caused by a busters shell shattering. It got its revenge by hurting me, I got mine by eating it up and loving every bite
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist.  Throw some ground balls.  More democratic.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #1804 on: December 13, 2009, 06:54:54 PM »

ouch!

Oooh that's even worse!

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1805 on: December 13, 2009, 06:57:37 PM »

ouch!

Oooh that's even worse!

Today we were talking about food related pain... and old bay in the paper cut was actually beaten out by rubbing your eyes after playing with peppers. (and by we I mean my friends at lunch)

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #1806 on: December 13, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »

ouch!

Oooh that's even worse!

Today we were talking about food related pain... and old bay in the paper cut was actually beaten out by rubbing your eyes after playing with peppers. (and by we I mean my friends at lunch)

Jan did that once and still talks about it.  I got her beat though, when I had to be pepper sprayed for training in the academy I shut my eyes at that time, but forgot about being careful later when I was showering (which reactivates whatever is left in your hair and on your skin).  It got in my eyes and nose and I had another whole coughing fit.  And for extra special fun, pepper-spray-water runs down your whole body...

I'm glad I only had to do that once (not counting the times on the street but those were more tangential hits, not full in the face like the qualifier).

lise

• Elite Member
« Reply #1807 on: December 13, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »

ouch!

Oooh that's even worse!

Jan did that once and still talks about it.  I got her beat though, when I had to be pepper sprayed for training in the academy I shut my eyes at that time, but forgot about being careful later when I was showering (which reactivates whatever is left in your hair and on your skin).  It got in my eyes and nose and I had another whole coughing fit.  And for extra special fun, pepper-spray-water runs down your whole body...

I'm glad I only had to do that once (not counting the times on the street but those were more tangential hits, not full in the face like the qualifier).

that definitely beats it

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #1808 on: December 13, 2009, 09:41:48 PM »
MIA flash drives.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1809 on: December 13, 2009, 10:20:04 PM »

ouch!

Oooh that's even worse!

that definitely beats it

I once engaged in a vigorous round of oral sex after eating habanero peppers only hours before...not so painful for me.
Hey, nice marmot!

love