love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710072 times)

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1950 on: December 29, 2009, 09:42:36 AM »
Littering. I hate people that throw even the smallest sweet wrapper on the floor. I think it says a lot about your character, all of it bad.

BE WARNED!!!!  >:(

Cigarette butts included, right?

pixote

the world is some people's ash tray
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
« Reply #1951 on: December 29, 2009, 09:44:37 AM »
Littering. I hate people that throw even the smallest sweet wrapper on the floor. I think it says a lot about your character, all of it bad.

You would enjoy the book Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen. The main character goes off on more than a few litterbugs.

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
  • a souless automaton who can't feel any emotion
« Reply #1952 on: December 29, 2009, 11:26:31 AM »

pixote

i smoke, but when im done i always seem to manage to stretch my arm aaaaaaaaaaaall the way to the ashtray or somehow find one of those "bin" things they all talk about......
"What should have been an enjoyable 90 minutes of nubile, high-school flesh meeting a frenzy of blood-caked blades, becomes instead an exploitational and complex parable of the conflicting demands of agrarianism and artistry. I voted a miss."

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
  • a souless automaton who can't feel any emotion
« Reply #1953 on: December 29, 2009, 11:37:55 AM »

You would enjoy the book Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen. The main character goes off on more than a few litterbugs.

HA! I havnt read it yet, but a mate lent it to me a couple of weeks ago. "You'll love it", he said. Judging from the blurb on amazon it looks like something i could empathise with.
"What should have been an enjoyable 90 minutes of nubile, high-school flesh meeting a frenzy of blood-caked blades, becomes instead an exploitational and complex parable of the conflicting demands of agrarianism and artistry. I voted a miss."

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #1954 on: December 29, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »

Oh, me too.  I am amazed when I see people casually tossing a bag of fast food trash or a drink cup out of the car.  Or when they are walking down the street--somehow that seems even more amazing to me.  I see it a lot around here but it still shocks me.  I guess they need to bring back that crying Indian guy ad.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #1955 on: December 29, 2009, 12:13:39 PM »
When people I intensely dislike in real life, and try to talk to as little as possible when I do have to have anything to do with them, friend me on Facebook.

skjerva

• Godfather
  • I'm your audience.
« Reply #1956 on: December 29, 2009, 01:40:28 PM »

Oh, me too.  I am amazed when I see people casually tossing a bag of fast food trash or a drink cup out of the car.  Or when they are walking down the street--somehow that seems even more amazing to me.  I see it a lot around here but it still shocks me.  I guess they need to bring back that crying Indian guy ad.

i actually kinda like litter strewn about here and there - reminder of all the unnecessary consumption we participate in.

but i don't like it when people don't pick up their dog's shit
But I wish the public could, in the midst of its pleasures, see how blatantly it is being spoon-fed, and ask for slightly better dreams. 
                        - Iris Barry from "The Public's Pleasure" (1926)

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
« Reply #1957 on: December 29, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »

i actually kinda like litter strewn about here and there - reminder of all the unnecessary consumption we participate in.

at least the dog shit is organic and biodegradable.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
« Reply #1958 on: December 29, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »

at least the dog shit is organic and biodegradable.

Yeah!  and dogs have an excuse to see the world as their toilet, cuz it is!  People can't because they invented actual toilets!

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #1959 on: December 29, 2009, 05:26:29 PM »

pixote

the world is some people's ash tray

Well once my city outlawed smoking in practically every building in town except one, and my apartment complex refused to have an outdoor trash receptacle of any kind, my choices became limited. I guess smoking bans in bars is my pet peeve, but when there is a ashtray or trash can nearby, I'll always make the effort. I know cigarette butts on the ground aren't pretty.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

love