Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 394957 times)

Steven O. Selsnik

• Elite Member
  • I don't mind a parasite.Iobject to a cut-rate one
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #1950 on: December 29, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »
Littering. I hate people that throw even the smallest sweet wrapper on the floor. I think it says a lot about your character, all of it bad.

BE WARNED!!!!  >:(

Oh, me too.  I am amazed when I see people casually tossing a bag of fast food trash or a drink cup out of the car.  Or when they are walking down the street--somehow that seems even more amazing to me.  I see it a lot around here but it still shocks me.  I guess they need to bring back that crying Indian guy ad.

i actually kinda like litter strewn about here and there - reminder of all the unnecessary consumption we participate in.

but i don't like it when people don't pick up their dog's shit

at least the dog shit is organic and biodegradable.

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #1951 on: December 29, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »
Littering. I hate people that throw even the smallest sweet wrapper on the floor. I think it says a lot about your character, all of it bad.

Oh, me too.  I am amazed when I see people casually tossing a bag of fast food trash or a drink cup out of the car.  Or when they are walking down the street--somehow that seems even more amazing to me.  I see it a lot around here but it still shocks me.  I guess they need to bring back that crying Indian guy ad.

i actually kinda like litter strewn about here and there - reminder of all the unnecessary consumption we participate in.

but i don't like it when people don't pick up their dog's shit

at least the dog shit is organic and biodegradable.

Yeah!  and dogs have an excuse to see the world as their toilet, cuz it is!  People can't because they invented actual toilets!

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #1952 on: December 29, 2009, 05:26:29 PM »

Cigarette butts included, right?

pixote

the world is some people's ash tray

Well once my city outlawed smoking in practically every building in town except one, and my apartment complex refused to have an outdoor trash receptacle of any kind, my choices became limited. I guess smoking bans in bars is my pet peeve, but when there is a ashtray or trash can nearby, I'll always make the effort. I know cigarette butts on the ground aren't pretty.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #1953 on: December 29, 2009, 05:29:18 PM »
Alcohol is a pet peeve of mine.

I didn't picture StarCar as a smoker.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1954 on: December 29, 2009, 06:29:10 PM »
Arguing via text message. I want to take my phone and run over it repeatedly.
Hey, nice marmot!

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #1955 on: December 29, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »
Arguing via text message. I want to take my phone and run over it repeatedly.

Good time to call
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

IDrinkYourMilkshake

• Elite Member
  • a souless automaton who can't feel any emotion
« Reply #1956 on: December 29, 2009, 06:57:44 PM »
Alcohol is a pet peeve of mine.

the hypocrisy in the descrenpancy between the way that alcohol is represented compared to other "drugs" in the press does just makes me plain angry, rather than peeved. last year a friend of a friend was beaten to death by these two pissed-up chavs in Lichfield (a small UK city). The headlines all focused on two out of control yobs, symbols of "Broken Britain" ( ::) ), teenage tearaways, yap yap yap. The fact that they were both absolutely smashed was almost a footnote, yet you can guarantee that had either one of them had so much as a single toke on a spliff then the headlines would have been absurd DRUG CRAZED KILLERS hyperbole.

You only need to walk through probably any town in the world (perhaps i should say England as it is the only place i can speak with any modicum of authority on, but i cant see the situation being much different anywhere else. People is people ay it?) on a friday or saturday night to see what alcohol does to a lot of people - turns them into aggressive, violent, irrational, dangerous louts. this is allowed, yet im a criminal for wanting to get stoned and laugh my bollocks off.

Marijuana, Ecstacy, LSD all scientifically proven to be less harmful than alcohol and tobacco.

Does my nut, im tellin' ya.   >:(
"What should have been an enjoyable 90 minutes of nubile, high-school flesh meeting a frenzy of blood-caked blades, becomes instead an exploitational and complex parable of the conflicting demands of agrarianism and artistry. I voted a miss."

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1957 on: December 29, 2009, 07:01:37 PM »
It is indeed a hypocrisy. The real ass chapper is that the media has no interest in getting real quality information out to people lest they be accused of promoting drug use. Harm reduction should be a priority. www.erowid.org
Hey, nice marmot!

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1958 on: December 29, 2009, 07:38:22 PM »

me neither
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #1959 on: December 29, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »

me neither

Mostly just socially. I would hate to ruin my reputation around the boards. Its just a bad habit I have, and I don't plan to continue after college.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd