love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 709958 times)

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2650 on: March 11, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »
Ass. I hate it when I'm switching back and forth between tabs and accidently hit the X instead of just selecting the tab itself. Unlike pressing "back" accidently there is no chance of recovery. That stuff you were writing? GONE!

Do you use Mozilla? When you accidentally close a tab on Mozilla you can right click over where you would open a new tab and it gives you the option of "undo closed tab" and when you click that the tab pops back up in the state it was in when you accidentally closed it. Now, this may be a Google toolbar feature and not a Mozilla feature, I'm not sure, but I use it any time that I accidentally X out a tab.

Well I'll be god damned! That's probably the best thing I'll learn all year! Thanks Bill!

I use Chrome, but it still worked :)

Glad to help. :)

And not to hijack the thread, but I so wanted to use Chrome when it first came out, but when I attempted to use that thing it was like the scene in Reno 911!: Miami when Trudi and Dangle try to have sex. I know it's supposed to be super streamlined, but it was so streamlined that I couldn't figure out how to do anything. Sure, I'm an idiot, but still.  :-[

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2651 on: March 11, 2010, 09:25:17 PM »
It took me a good week of getting used to it before I really embraced it. There's more than a few things I miss about Firefox. Ultimately though FF was starting to show it's age. Chrome was simply faster. I've come to really enjoy it.

StarCarly

• Elite Member
  • Something about a pillow.
« Reply #2652 on: March 12, 2010, 09:25:21 AM »
It took me a good week of getting used to it before I really embraced it. There's more than a few things I miss about Firefox. Ultimately though FF was starting to show it's age. Chrome was simply faster. I've come to really enjoy it.

I thought I'd stick with Firefox til the day I died, but one day it was being really buggy so I downloaded Chrome and I never looked back.
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."

Films Watched in 2017

Letterboxd

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2653 on: March 12, 2010, 09:56:17 AM »
Been thinking about trying chrome. Maybe, just maybe.

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #2654 on: March 12, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »
Heretics!

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #2655 on: March 12, 2010, 02:05:41 PM »
I tried chrome once - it crashed my Mac big time. I couldn't force quit it and had to go for the power button - something I have never had to do before!
 >:(
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2656 on: March 12, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »
I hate it when my browser's dictionary just plain doesn't have a particular word. I'm an awful speller so naturally I assume that it's me and not the computer who is making the mistake.

Today the word was combust. I spelt it correctly but this big red underline appears and tells me I'm wrong. Okay... hmm. Cumbust? lol, no. What else could it be? Then I go and google combust and sure enough I'm not crazy. I had it right all along.

First I feel stupid for not knowing how to spell combust, then I feel stupider because I can't figure out how it IS spelt, then I feel stupidest for even considering that it could be spelled any other way.

Its enuf too mayk a persun crayzee.

FifthCityMuse

• Elite Member
  • Good work, sycophants!
« Reply #2657 on: March 12, 2010, 07:37:54 PM »
I've thoroughly loved Chrome since I started using it on my Mac, and have never looked back. I was previously a Safari user tho, and the improvement is remarkable.

Zhankfor

• how lynch get pragnent?
« Reply #2658 on: March 13, 2010, 01:37:02 AM »
I hate when people say that I only think something is bad because my expectations were too high.

One of my coworkers told me that if I went into 300 expecting anything more than mindless violence, I can't say it's a bad movie.

I did go into 300 expecting nothing more than mindless violence. That is exactly what I saw.

I had low expectations. The movie met those expectations. That means, logically, it is a bad movie.

For CINECAST!'s sake.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:38:38 AM by Zhankfor »

Tim

• Elite Member
  • Be excellent to each other
« Reply #2659 on: March 13, 2010, 03:47:04 AM »
exhibitions that only play stuff that everyone on the planet already knows. You go to exhibitions to learn new stuff!
"Only cinema narrows its concern down to its content, that is to its story. It should, instead, concern itself with its form, its structure." Peter Greenaway