Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710103 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2890 on: April 18, 2010, 01:47:38 AM »
A bit cheaper alternative and something like what I use is the mold:

http://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/ProductDisplay_Spherical%20Ice%20Tray%20Set_10451_10001_57253

But the cubes are not perfect.  I often saw the bartenders use an ice pick to mold the cube when in Tokyo.  Drinks sometimes take a while to prepare.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #2891 on: April 18, 2010, 08:32:49 AM »
Dreaming that you have just woken up and started your morning routine, then waking up and realizing that all of that was bullshit.

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2892 on: April 20, 2010, 02:17:18 AM »
When downloads fail.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

Colleen

• Hot Fuzz
  • Godfather
  • Let's be careful out there!
« Reply #2893 on: April 20, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »
People who are just nasty when calling in their code enforcement complaints.

Today I had someone reporting unhealthy conditions at a local school and I told her I had to research to see whether we or a county authority handle those situations in a school and then she asks me "You're not a friend of the principal there, right?".  I was completely offended and pissed off.  I told her so, too.

DrKimble

• Elite Member
« Reply #2894 on: April 20, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »
You didn't answer the question, Colleen.  ;)

I wonder what world these people live in. It must be horrible to assume or expect to get screwed by the police. Trust doesn't come easy for me but don't you just have to give cops the benefit of the doubt?
"Do you remember what I told you in the tunnel?"

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #2895 on: April 22, 2010, 10:17:48 PM »
Knowing I can easily go to bed and that I should given when I need to get up in the morning but not wanting to because I don't want what's coming to come as soon as that. Make sense?
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #2896 on: April 22, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »
Knowing I can easily go to bed and that I should given when I need to get up in the morning but not wanting to because I don't want what's coming to come as soon as that. Make sense?

Makes perfect sense, I especially get like this when I'm nervous about something. The other day I was so tired and needed to go to sleep but I didn't want to because of what I thought might happen the next day.

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #2897 on: April 22, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »

Makes perfect sense, I especially get like this when I'm nervous about something. The other day I was so tired and needed to go to sleep but I didn't want to because of what I thought might happen the next day.

The only job I ever quit without notice was because of this.  I never could fall asleep no matter how tired as I knew the moment i fell asleep I would wake up and have to go to work.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2898 on: April 23, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »
Bass.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #2899 on: April 23, 2010, 12:36:42 PM »
Bass.

The fish or the instrument?
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)