love

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 710359 times)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #3220 on: June 13, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »
...getting home in Cincy and having no one here to share this with. And also learning that I will be in my apartment by myself until Thursday.
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #3221 on: June 13, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »
When people say warsh instead of wash. 

Took this pic when I was in Big South Fork, KY last year.  My dad sometimes says warsh, and we make fun of him for it.  :)

"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #3222 on: June 14, 2010, 12:19:48 AM »
It took 3 hours to do my expenses today.  Accounting people have the worst attitude about paying them off.  It's almost like they think I'm getting a bonus instead of me loaning the company thousands of dollars every month, interest free....
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #3223 on: June 14, 2010, 12:30:11 AM »
I use to be one of those that had to sign off on every expense report paid so had to review them.  Two things I hated it about it; one, the petty ways people tried to justify certain expenses when it is clear they are trying to gain something for them self.  The second thing I hated was myself for having to be one of those people that had a job where it seemed like I was just trying to catch somebody doing something wrong and make their lives difficult. 

No I have moved away from the "sales prevention team" onto the "sales enablement team"

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #3224 on: June 14, 2010, 12:34:12 AM »
I use to be one of those that had to sign off on every expense report paid so had to review them.  Two things I hated it about it; one, the petty ways people tried to justify certain expenses when it is clear they are trying to gain something for them self.  The second thing I hated was myself for having to be one of those people that had a job where it seemed like I was just trying to catch somebody doing something wrong and make their lives difficult. 

No I have moved away from the "sales prevention team" onto the "sales enablement team"

No doubt, it's one of those many things where a few idiots that try to take advantage of the system make it hard for everyone else involved.  I live pretty easily on $15 a day while I'm on the road.  I knew salesmen who routinely spent over $150 / day.  I suppose it's one thing if you're luring a $1.5 million account - and you've got to brown nose a little, but EVERY NIGHT
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #3225 on: June 14, 2010, 12:50:53 AM »

No doubt, it's one of those many things where a few idiots that try to take advantage of the system make it hard for everyone else involved.  I live pretty easily on $15 a day while I'm on the road.  I knew salesmen who routinely spent over $150 / day.  I suppose it's one thing if you're luring a $1.5 million account - and you've got to brown nose a little, but EVERY NIGHT

Wouldn't have put up with $150 per night unless it was entertaining a few clients.  Nor would even bother checking the $15 per day.  It is the crazy little things that drove me crazy like buying mouth wash, tooth brushes, paste saying that they forget to pack them, LARGE bottles laundry detergent saying they washed their own clothes, movie tickets cause they needed something to do, etc.

Having done a lot of traveling and sometimes spend 2 months at a time in hotels, I never thought about trying to pass something personal over as a business expense.  Just not worth a career over something so small.  I think per diam is a good way to go as it removes having to question the person on the expense and makes filing to expense easier.  They are already a pain in the ass for everybody...
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3226 on: June 14, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »
Waking up in that time of the early morning when it's not worth trying to go back to sleep.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #3227 on: June 14, 2010, 09:00:38 PM »
The misinformed notion that emotion has any bearing when discussing the quality, purpose, and success of art.

'Noke

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #3228 on: June 14, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »
The misinformed notion that emotion has any bearing when discussing the quality, purpose, and success of art is a misinformed notion
I actually consider a lot of movies to be life-changing! I take them to my heart and they melt into my personality.

tinyholidays

• Elite Member
  • It's a hard world for little things.
« Reply #3229 on: June 14, 2010, 09:17:21 PM »
The misinformed notion that emotion has any bearing when discussing the quality, purpose, and success of art.

I cannot even conceive of how that makes sense.

love